NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck on Google boot screen

OP Scoorzia

4th January 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Hi guys first post
Anyways I've been having problems with my Nexus 7 hat I got for X-Mas. It started out ok but friday it crashed and I re-booted it. The screen was unresponsive but it started working again . Today I booted it up and it got stuck on the Google screen, I waited for about 20 mins and nothing. I tried flashing it back to stock, factory reseting, both of those seemed to do nothing. I hope this is a software glitch cause I had to unlock bootloader to flash the android version, because if it is hardware I can't get a replacement since I voided the warrenty right? Should I try flashing maybe 4.3, or what?
-Please help me

-Dylan
Last edited by Scoorzia; 4th January 2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: EDIT
4th January 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 58

234 posts
Hi Scoorzia, since you've already tried a factory reset and have unlocked the bootloader, I'd go ahead and flash the full stock 4.4.2 ROM. Is that what you tried before?

https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#razor
5th January 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoorzia

Hi guys first post
Anyways I've been having problems with my Nexus 7 hat I got for X-Mas. It started out ok but friday it crashed and I re-booted it. The screen was unresponsive but it started working again . Today I booted it up and it got stuck on the Google screen, I waited for about 20 mins and nothing. I tried flashing it back to stock, factory reseting, both of those seemed to do nothing. I hope this is a software glitch cause I had to unlock bootloader to flash the android version, because if it is hardware I can't get a replacement since I voided the warrenty right? Should I try flashing maybe 4.3, or what?
-Please help me

-Dylan

Get Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit and Re-Lock Your Bootloader ( Get Back Warranty) and Send It back and Get A Replacement
5th January 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
[QUOTE=Pandae;49118619]Hi Scoorzia, since you've already tried a factory reset and have unlocked the bootloader, I'd go ahead and flash the full stock 4.4.2 ROM. Is that what you tried before?

Yes I did try this, also I seemed to get it back to working state, but it keeps freezing and becomes unresponsive and powers off. It passes the Google screen now but sometimes on the locks creen I can't swipe and it goes into sleep and won't come back. I'll give it a week and if it still continues I'll take the other guys advice about gettinga r eplacement.
5th January 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiDPoLo

Get Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit and Re-Lock Your Bootloader ( Get Back Warranty) and Send It back and Get A Replacement

I relocked it with fastboot but can't they tell if I unlocked it before? Also there's a tiny scratch on the edge of the screen I accidentaly made. If I get it replaced will they replace it witha new one or jsut the same with fixed software?
5th January 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Also it seems to like to reset it self quite allot, I'll hopefully try get a replacement.
5th January 2014, 11:45 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 58

234 posts
If you did a clean flash of the stock ROM and recovery, it could be an eMMC that's faulty straight from the factory.
6th January 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Today it's been OK. I flashed one more time and haven't had any problem since. I think it'll be OK, probably something to do withKitKat
7th January 2014, 01:27 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoorzia

I relocked it with fastboot but can't they tell if I unlocked it before? Also there's a tiny scratch on the edge of the screen I accidentaly made. If I get it replaced will they replace it witha new one or jsut the same with fixed software?

Not Sure If They'll Be Able To Tell, But I've Got My Nexus 7 2013 For X-Mas and So Far I've Unlocked The Bootloader 4 Times ( Kept Wanting To Start Fresh)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread