Tip us?

Scoorzia
Old
(Last edited by Scoorzia; 4th January 2014 at 04:14 PM.) Reason: EDIT
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck on Google boot screen

Hi guys first post
Anyways I've been having problems with my Nexus 7 hat I got for X-Mas. It started out ok but friday it crashed and I re-booted it. The screen was unresponsive but it started working again . Today I booted it up and it got stuck on the Google screen, I waited for about 20 mins and nothing. I tried flashing it back to stock, factory reseting, both of those seemed to do nothing. I hope this is a software glitch cause I had to unlock bootloader to flash the android version, because if it is hardware I can't get a replacement since I voided the warrenty right? Should I try flashing maybe 4.3, or what?
-Please help me

-Dylan

Pandae
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Hi Scoorzia, since you've already tried a factory reset and have unlocked the bootloader, I'd go ahead and flash the full stock 4.4.2 ROM. Is that what you tried before?

https://developers.google.com/androi...s/images#razor

KiiDPoLo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoorzia View Post
Hi guys first post
Anyways I've been having problems with my Nexus 7 hat I got for X-Mas. It started out ok but friday it crashed and I re-booted it. The screen was unresponsive but it started working again . Today I booted it up and it got stuck on the Google screen, I waited for about 20 mins and nothing. I tried flashing it back to stock, factory reseting, both of those seemed to do nothing. I hope this is a software glitch cause I had to unlock bootloader to flash the android version, because if it is hardware I can't get a replacement since I voided the warrenty right? Should I try flashing maybe 4.3, or what?
-Please help me

-Dylan
Get Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit and Re-Lock Your Bootloader ( Get Back Warranty) and Send It back and Get A Replacement

Scoorzia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=Pandae;49118619]Hi Scoorzia, since you've already tried a factory reset and have unlocked the bootloader, I'd go ahead and flash the full stock 4.4.2 ROM. Is that what you tried before?

Yes I did try this, also I seemed to get it back to working state, but it keeps freezing and becomes unresponsive and powers off. It passes the Google screen now but sometimes on the locks creen I can't swipe and it goes into sleep and won't come back. I'll give it a week and if it still continues I'll take the other guys advice about gettinga r eplacement.

Scoorzia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiDPoLo View Post
Get Wugfresh Nexus Toolkit and Re-Lock Your Bootloader ( Get Back Warranty) and Send It back and Get A Replacement
I relocked it with fastboot but can't they tell if I unlocked it before? Also there's a tiny scratch on the edge of the screen I accidentaly made. If I get it replaced will they replace it witha new one or jsut the same with fixed software?

Scoorzia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also it seems to like to reset it self quite allot, I'll hopefully try get a replacement.

Pandae
Old
Thanks Meter 39
If you did a clean flash of the stock ROM and recovery, it could be an eMMC that's faulty straight from the factory.

Scoorzia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Today it's been OK. I flashed one more time and haven't had any problem since. I think it'll be OK, probably something to do withKitKat

KiiDPoLo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoorzia View Post
I relocked it with fastboot but can't they tell if I unlocked it before? Also there's a tiny scratch on the edge of the screen I accidentaly made. If I get it replaced will they replace it witha new one or jsut the same with fixed software?
Not Sure If They'll Be Able To Tell, But I've Got My Nexus 7 2013 For X-Mas and So Far I've Unlocked The Bootloader 4 Times ( Kept Wanting To Start Fresh)