5,598,297 Members 48,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help with Installing CleanROM.

Tip us?
 
shoresteve626
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 28
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Build says CleanRom 1.0 but all apps are still present

My build says CleanRom 1.0 but I still have all of the apps that others say are removed such as Sketchbook. My note was rooted using the AutoRoot file with Odin and then the stock recovery was flashed. I then used the twrp 3.0 file and booted into recovery. I then installed CleanRom (without reset per instructions) and the device rebooted and everything worked except all of the apps were still there. I then tried to re-flash CleanRom and perform the wipe but I then got stuck on the Samsung splash screen to no avail. I booted into recovery and tried re-flashing the CleanRom zip to no avail. All I could do to get this thing booted was to flash the auto-root file again in Odin, re-flash twrp, and install cleanrom again from the recovery but all of the apps are still there. Before I did any of this I had a bunch of the bloatware either frozen or uninstalled in Titanium but now some of those apps show lines through them in TBP. Either way, my device is showing CleanRom 1.0 under the build but I really don't think it is... any ideas on how to fix this?
 
lacagne
Old
#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Hi i'm a newbie on android
i've tried to install this rom a lot of time but unsuccessfully at any time
i've tried all the solutions i found here but none were successfull

i am under TWRP 2.6.3.0
my tablet is rooted but after the rom flash ,when i reboot ,just after the "galaxy note edition 2014" logo there's a black screen
the only way to repair is to flash with the mk1 stock rom after or to restore my old version saved with TWRP

can someone help ?

thanks
 
benni2903
Old
#13  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 507
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Friedrichshafen
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoresteve626 View Post
My build says CleanRom 1.0 but I still have all of the apps that others say are removed such as Sketchbook. My note was rooted using the AutoRoot file with Odin and then the stock recovery was flashed. I then used the twrp 3.0 file and booted into recovery. I then installed CleanRom (without reset per instructions) and the device rebooted and everything worked except all of the apps were still there. I then tried to re-flash CleanRom and perform the wipe but I then got stuck on the Samsung splash screen to no avail. I booted into recovery and tried re-flashing the CleanRom zip to no avail. All I could do to get this thing booted was to flash the auto-root file again in Odin, re-flash twrp, and install cleanrom again from the recovery but all of the apps are still there. Before I did any of this I had a bunch of the bloatware either frozen or uninstalled in Titanium but now some of those apps show lines through them in TBP. Either way, my device is showing CleanRom 1.0 under the build but I really don't think it is... any ideas on how to fix this?
Before flashing your rom perform a factory reset in twrp and format /data. All your apps will be deleted and you should be fine if you are stuck on the samsung boot logo it might help to boot into recovery and format /cache and dalvik cache

Sent by my Note 10.1 2014
 
shoresteve626
Old
#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 28
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Messed it up even more

Quote:
Originally Posted by benni2903 View Post
Before flashing your rom perform a factory reset in twrp and format /data. All your apps will be deleted and you should be fine if you are stuck on the samsung boot logo it might help to boot into recovery and format /cache and dalvik cache

Sent by my Note 10.1 2014
So, I did the factory reset in twrp and then formatted the data. Naturally, everything was lost but when I went to install CleanRom it was no longer on the internal memory due to the format... but I did copy it to the Ext SD Card. MY problem is that twrp won't install the zip from the sd card. Each time it says its unable to mount "/data" even though I'm going into "advanced settings" and placing the check mark. I re-flashed twrp and tried using file manager to move the file to the internal storage but came up with the same problem. Also, I can't place the check on mount data for some reason. Now, my tablet starts to boot up but hangs on the samsung screen before the boot animation. Basically, its like there isn't any firmware on it and I tried re-doing the auto-root and stock recovery but thats a no go as well. Is this thing toasted?
 
Lordjish
Old
(Last edited by Lordjish; 25th December 2013 at 05:44 AM.)
#15  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 85
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Olathe
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoresteve626 View Post
So, I did the factory reset in twrp and then formatted the data. Naturally, everything was lost but when I went to install CleanRom it was no longer on the internal memory due to the format... but I did copy it to the Ext SD Card. MY problem is that twrp won't install the zip from the sd card. Each time it says its unable to mount "/data" even though I'm going into "advanced settings" and placing the check mark. I re-flashed twrp and tried using file manager to move the file to the internal storage but came up with the same problem. Also, I can't place the check on mount data for some reason. Now, my tablet starts to boot up but hangs on the samsung screen before the boot animation. Basically, its like there isn't any firmware on it and I tried re-doing the auto-root and stock recovery but thats a no go as well. Is this thing toasted?

Boot into TWRP and click "Restore Back Up" (Cannot remember exact verbiage) . Find where it says internal storage and press it and it will switch to a drop down and you can choose "External SD" Then go back and and it should be going to External SD instead of internal SD when you select install

Make sure you factory re-set. For safety, I advance wipe but I don't think that is necessary.

You may need to re-flash recovery if you're unable to access it.
T-Mobile Note 3 running Wicked KK v1

Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Scott's Rom v1
 
benni2903
Old
#16  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 507
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Friedrichshafen
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoresteve626 View Post
So, I did the factory reset in twrp and then formatted the data. Naturally, everything was lost but when I went to install CleanRom it was no longer on the internal memory due to the format... but I did copy it to the Ext SD Card. MY problem is that twrp won't install the zip from the sd card. Each time it says its unable to mount "/data" even though I'm going into "advanced settings" and placing the check mark. I re-flashed twrp and tried using file manager to move the file to the internal storage but came up with the same problem. Also, I can't place the check on mount data for some reason. Now, my tablet starts to boot up but hangs on the samsung screen before the boot animation. Basically, its like there isn't any firmware on it and I tried re-doing the auto-root and stock recovery but thats a no go as well. Is this thing toasted?

Your device is not toasted :P I always have the Rom zip on the root directory of the device so formatting /data will not affect the rom zip. If you cant get it working then you might need to flash a firmware via odin and after that copy the rom on the internal root directory. Resetting your device should not format the whole internal storage so you can install the rom afterwards. Good luck mate

Sent by my Note 10.1 2014
 
shoresteve626
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 28
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Thanks for all the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benni2903 View Post
Your device is not toasted :P I always have the Rom zip on the root directory of the device so formatting /data will not affect the rom zip. If you cant get it working then you might need to flash a firmware via odin and after that copy the rom on the internal root directory. Resetting your device should not format the whole internal storage so you can install the rom afterwards. Good luck mate

Sent by my Note 10.1 2014
After the holiday (and many stressful attempts) I was finally able to re-boot the device and get past the splash screen. Opening Kies seemed to "kick" past the splash screen even though it said my device wasn't compatible with Kies. Anyway, I flashed the stock recovery, wiped, reset, flashed original firmware via Odin, flashed TWRP again, and then installed the CleanRom zip. Phew... it's FINALLY over with no issues and running smooth. I think the problem came in with TWRP not wiping correctly even though it said it did. I do appreciate all of the help and advice as you guys are life-savers!
 
jkitsmiller
Old
#18  
Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 88
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Taylor, TX
Default Exnyos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelliott31 View Post
Make sure you get the right version, whether Quality or Exnyos. I had a freeze until I got the right version.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
How do you know with version you have?
 
benni2903
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 170
Posts: 507
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Friedrichshafen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkitsmiller View Post
How do you know with version you have?
Wifi Only Version = P600 = Exynos processor
Lte = P605 = Snapdragon800


Gesendet von meinem SM-P600 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to benni2903 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
zonizx111
Old
#20  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2007
When I installed with TWRP 2.6.3.3 & 2.6.3.1 I got the write permission denied and then I tried with 2.6.3.0 it got hung while installing CleanRom 1.5R2. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes