Ask a question

No registration required

HELP!! Half-Bricked Phone

OP turntaker

6th January 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I did something stupid and installed rom manager, it corrupted my recovery. I restored to stock rom i found online using odin but it says you need to wipe factory settings to make it boot. The recovery is now the stock one but it displays error messages and when I choosed a command it does nothing. What should I do?

EDIT: I flashed another stock rom this time i could boot into the phone. Some of my apps went missing and superuser went missing. It was a little weird. The recovery still shows errors and no command. It says
"can't access to '/system/csc/VAU/system". I don't think I can root it again and install a custom rom. I dont know what is the right thing to do now. I just want to root it and install a rom

EDIT2: I installed another recovery called Amon-RA recovery and I still get errors. I am thinking maybe the recovery partition is corrupted. I get these errors.

E: Can't mount CACHE:recovery/command
E: Can't mount /dev/block/stl14
(invalid argument)
E: Can't mount CACHE:recovery/log
E: Can't open CACHE:recovery/log
E: Can't mount /dev/block/stl14
(invalid argument)
Last edited by turntaker; 7th January 2014 at 03:41 AM. Reason: found solution
6th January 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 42

164 posts
[QUOTE=turntaker;49170737]I did something stupid and installed rom manager, it corrupted my recovery. I restored to stock rom i found online using odin but it says you need to wipe factory settings to make it boot. The recovery is now the stock one but it displays error messages and when I choosed a command it does nothing. What should I do?

EDIT: I flashed another stock rom this time i could boot into the phone. Some of my apps went missing and superuser went missing. It was a little weird. The recovery still shows errors and no command. It says
"can't access to '/system/csc/VAU/system". I don't think I can root it again and install a custom rom. I dont know what is the right thing to do now. I just want to root it and install a rom

EDIT2: I installed another recovery called Amon-RA recovery and I still get errors. I am thinking maybe the recovery partition is corrupted. I get these errors.

could you please download below files and install with odin.also you need samsung usb driver

S5670XWKTI_S5670DBTKT1_DBT

Odin_GT-S5670 (odin 4.38)
7th January 2014, 03:03 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I downloaded it and flashed it..AND I REALIZED THAT I WAS STUPID....
YOU DONT PRESS THE POWER BUTTON TO SELECT YOU PRESS HOME BUTTON.... LOL
Last edited by turntaker; 7th January 2014 at 03:30 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread