[Q] Ads problem

Tip us?

Dahdoul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default [Q] Ads problem

Hi

Am using Adaway to get rid of the annoying Ads but there's some App keep showing them. I used Adfree before with the same problem. Is there anyway to completely get rid of these ads?

Thanks 😊

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
NOTE 3 SM-N9005

Hit THANKS if I helped.

nickzan
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Not helpful info but I will say I just uninstalled my add blocker yesterday because it was unreliable and also blocked legitimate web surfing from time to time. Along with taking up space in my notification panel and status bar I just got annoyed with it.

Ran it for 3 months might give it another shot in a year.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

Spere
Old
Thanks Meter 24
So if you are rooted (I guess so), have you tried firewall? At least for apps you think they don't need internet connection --> without connection adds are gone + you are more secure. (Since no data can be uploaded from your phone by those apps)

A.N.Droid
Old
(Last edited by A.N.Droid; 6th January 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahdoul View Post
Hi
Am using Adaway to get rid of the annoying Ads but there's some App keep showing them. I used Adfree before with the same problem. Is there anyway to completely get rid of these ads?
if you knew the url of the adserver, you can simply add it to your hosts file.
in adaway, tap the menu key and chose "your lists" (may not be accurate as i have the german version).
add the hostname(s) to the blacklist by tapping the + symbol at the upper right.
to get the adress of the adserver, any app that can capture your network traffic should do it.
im using the app "network connections".
some apps may refuse to work after adds being blocked.
maybe sometimes it is just not possible to get rid of them
if you want me to test anything, just name your app.
Device: SM-N9005 international, Snapdragon (hltexx)
ROM: ROM: BoBCaTROM_EVO_7.01
Kernel: CivZ 2.2
Mods: ViPER4Android Audio Effects
KNOX 0x1 enhanced user experience

semendemon
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had the same problem with AdAway, so I assumed that perhaps my version of AdAway was not the latest and therefore the blacklist downloaded was not up-to-date. So, after running the in-app update option, then downloading and appending the latest hosts file, I was able to finally get rid of the few ads that were still getting through, namely in the 1Weather app. Again, you might have already done this, but if your AdAway app is the same version as the one I am running, then it should be able to block out all the current ad servers no problem.