Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,058 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problems sending MMS on stock 4.3

Tip us?

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 258
Default Problems sending MMS on stock 4.3

Hey guys

so I took the OTA update to 4.3 Im on MK2 and ever since I updated I have had issues when I try to send people mms.. it could be a simple message with an emoji from the iPhone keyboard or an image..

The messages sent perfectly fine before the update. I noticed in my APN settings I only have an ATT Phone APN.. not a APN for messaging or images or whatever, is there anyone on ATT network either pre or post update that has an additional APN in there settings? Could someone post the settings for theirs if they do?

And if I'm not missing an APN then I have no idea what the deal is, does anyone else have this problem? I've searched the forums but nothing I've seen I applied to my situation and the ones that were close I tried but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance,
Matt
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNsPiRiSiZe View Post
Hey guys

so I took the OTA update to 4.3 Im on MK2 and ever since I updated I have had issues when I try to send people mms.. it could be a simple message with an emoji from the iPhone keyboard or an image..

The messages sent perfectly fine before the update. I noticed in my APN settings I only have an ATT Phone APN.. not a APN for messaging or images or whatever, is there anyone on ATT network either pre or post update that has an additional APN in there settings? Could someone post the settings for theirs if they do?

And if I'm not missing an APN then I have no idea what the deal is, does anyone else have this problem? I've searched the forums but nothing I've seen I applied to my situation and the ones that were close I tried but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance,
Matt
It should be set up right. What SMS app are you using? Your APN should look like

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388901487000.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	2495129   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388901501054.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	2495130  
The Following User Says Thank You to hovax615@hotmail.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
It should be set up right. What SMS app are you using? Your APN should look like

Yes that's my APN settings... okay well the mms have been sending more successfully recently, however sometimes they just sit there and try to send forever, they won't send or say that they failed sending either.. I am using the stock messaging app.
Did someone reply to your post? Does it matter if they're right? No! They volunteered their time to try to help, it's a community, hit the thanks button for them!

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Yes that's my APN settings... okay well the mms have been sending more successfully recently, however sometimes they just sit there and try to send forever, they won't send or say that they failed sending either.. I am using the stock messaging app.
Do you have 4g on? Sometimes they don't send without data connection.

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Do you have 4g on? Sometimes they don't send without data connection.

Yes of course my network data is on. The thing is that even on WiFi the pictures require data to send so typically you send a picture on WiFi you continue to use WiFi but the data emblem will also show up while your message is sent, and even when the pictures just sit there and don't send, the data 4g lte symbol still shows and the message still tries to send..

I dont know what the issue is, but I am going to call AT&T tomorrow because it has been too long for this to be a problem on their network end.

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:
Yes of course my network data is on. The thing is that even on WiFi the pictures require data to send so typically you send a picture on WiFi you continue to use WiFi but the data emblem will also show up while your message is sent, and even when the pictures just sit there and don't send, the data 4g lte symbol still shows and the message still tries to send..

I dont know what the issue is, but I am going to call AT&T tomorrow because it has been too long for this to be a problem on their network end.
Have you tried factory resetting?

CoNsPiRiSiZe
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 258
Quote:
Have you tried factory resetting?

No. I figure that might be the next step.. I really do not want to reset, losing the messages I have saved and all the like really sucks.

ron31
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Thumbs down Problems sending MMS on stock 4.3

i have the same prob factory reset and everything called telus they said phone issues dowloaded custome rom sometimes it works sometimes not. i think its phone try turning wi fi off