App to command full home screen weather animation....

7th January 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

67 posts
I know to this might seem pointless, but someone has to know how to manually command/launch the HTC weather animations.
I use ADW launcher and Widgetlocker lockscreen replacement, which can command the home screen weather on unlock, but with only 3 phones: Sprint Evo Design (GB); US Cellular Hero S; and Thunderbolt (GB).
The common thread between them seems to be their Kernel: 2.6.35.10. But the ICS upgrade for the Evo and Tbolt (which changes the kernel) breaks the weather animation (incredible 2 on Kernel 2.6.35.9 won't work either).
Kevin (widgetlocker app creator) said in his thread that HTC changed the way it commands the home screen weather, eliminating his ability to command it with his app. I'd like to be able to run the animation with my Inc 4g and Htc one, but can't (no I don't want to use HTC sense as my launcher).

So my questions are:
1) If you use an aftermarket launcher and lockscreen and still have animation on unlock, what phone do you have and what Kernel?
2) Do you know of any other app (besides Widgetlocker) that commands weather on unlock?
3) Does anyone know of a way to use Tasker (or some other program) to command com.htc.weather.wallpaper to run?

Yes I know beautiful widgets, HD widgets, and Fancy widgets, all have their own animation. But I'd like to use HTC's and hope someone can show me how.
Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc weather animations, unlock
Previous Thread Next Thread