FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Bricked device

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 5
 
By pow3rflow3r, Member on 4th January 2014, 04:22 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th January 2014, 03:08 PM |#11  
ADDICT.ANK's Avatar
Senior Member
Privacy
Thanks Meter: 603
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow3rflow3r

I only have a nighly rom in the cmupdater folder.
No boot.img

Also I cannot connect to my tablet with Odin or adb.
So I dont see how I can flash the boot.img or am I missing something?

There should be boot.img within the cm's zip file.

Check it
or
reflash the rom again and perform the full wipe.
 
 
5th January 2014, 07:32 PM |#12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99;491030099

Try a full wipe including system.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

What do u mean exactly with a full wipe?
System wipe? I can not find that option in CWM
5th January 2014, 07:41 PM |#13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICT.ANK

There should be boot.img within the cm's zip file.

Check it
or
reflash the rom again and perform the full wipe.

Did u read my problem?
I know there is a boot.img inside the cm rom. But I can not extract it from the rom since my tablet is stuck at the boot screen with the cm logo.
And it is not possible to flash a img from CWM recovery, only zip files.

Again do I miss something?
Can CWM extract files?
Can CWM flash img files?
5th January 2014, 10:15 PM |#14  
eushaun99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Subang Jaya
Thanks Meter: 924
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow3rflow3r

What do u mean exactly with a full wipe?
System wipe? I can not find that option in CWM

A full wipe means formating system, data, dalvik cache and cache. You can find in under mounts.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 04:57 AM |#15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99

A full wipe means formating system, data, dalvik cache and cache. You can find in under mounts.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

I did:
Format system
Format data
Format cache
Wipe dalvik cache
Wipe cache
Wipe system/factory reset

Flashed rom.

Same problem.

But thanks anyway!
Much appreciated!
6th January 2014, 05:52 AM |#16  
eushaun99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Subang Jaya
Thanks Meter: 924
 
More
Well I guess you just have to figure out how to get your tab to connect to PC then. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 09:56 AM |#17  
ADDICT.ANK's Avatar
Senior Member
Privacy
Thanks Meter: 603
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow3rflow3r

did u read my problem?
I know there is a boot.img inside the cm rom. But i can not extract it from the rom since my tablet is stuck at the boot screen with the cm logo.
And it is not possible to flash a img from cwm recovery, only zip files.

Again do i miss something?
Can cwm extract files?
Can cwm flash img files?

try entering fastboot mode
vol up with power key
or vol down

and see does it enters fastboot or not

also post the device details again pls
6th January 2014, 04:34 PM |#18  
eushaun99's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Subang Jaya
Thanks Meter: 924
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICT.ANK

try entering fastboot mode
vol up with power key
or vol down

and see does it enters fastboot or not

also post the device details again pls

You don't have this tab do you? We don't have fastboot mode, or at least nobody said anything about fastboot before.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 05:37 PM |#19  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99

You don't have this tab do you? We don't have fastboot mode, or at least nobody said anything about fastboot before.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

I have the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 wifi model P7510.

I have fastboot on my phone, but never heard of it on the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 also.
We can go into the download mode, but fastboot mode???
7th January 2014, 04:22 AM |#20  
ADDICT.ANK's Avatar
Senior Member
Privacy
Thanks Meter: 603
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDICT.ANK

try entering fastboot mode
vol up with power key
or vol down

and see does it enters fastboot or not

also post the device details again pls

put the stock rom on it if u want and flash it.

and i asked u for the tab details

use this

Hold down the power button and make sure it turns off. There might be a battery charging symbol on the screen once it’s off.
Hold down Volume Down, and then Power buttons. The tablet should power up. Wait till there are two icons.
Press the Volume Down button to toggle between which icon is selected. Make sure the LEFT (USB) icon is selected.
Press the Volume Up button to actually select. Now you are in “Fastboot” mode.
Plug the tablet into your computer’s USB port
Last edited by ADDICT.ANK; 7th January 2014 at 04:27 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes