XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

50% of the time the other user can't hear me and phone says 'Dialing'

Tip us?

SGS2X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default 50% of the time the other user can't hear me and phone says 'Dialing'

Alright so I've had this problem with my S4 ever since I got it, been too lazy to find a solution but now I'm getting really annoyed. About half the time when I make a call, I can hear the other person clearly but they cannot hear me at all. When I look at the phone, it still says 'Dialing..." instead of 00:01 etc . I don't think this ever happens when the other person calls me but im not sure.. maybe it does but definitely not as frequently as when I initiate the call.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm on Rogers btw and usually have full bars when this happens.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<--- on a 24mb/1mb plan 0_o Either Rogers is being extra generous, or they find a way to fake speedtest results.

HORiZUN
Old
Thanks Meter 132
What firmware do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Galaxy S4 | MDL, Unlocked, TWRP, Hyperdrive 13
Transformer Prime | Unlocked, NvFlash, TWRP, CM 11
Nook Tablet | Cyanoboot, TWRP, Rescue SD, CM 11
HP 4540s | Hackintosh, OSX 10.9.1/Windows 8, 2TB, 8GB
iPad 4 Retina | iOS 7.0.4, Jailbroken / Wife's iPhone 5c | Stock
Xbox 360 | LT+FW / PS3 | 4.46 CFW, 1TB / PSP | 6.60 CFW

SGS2X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORiZUN View Post
What firmware do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
4.2.2 GOLDENEYE haven't updated it since August
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<--- on a 24mb/1mb plan 0_o Either Rogers is being extra generous, or they find a way to fake speedtest results.

SGS2X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
bump

SGS2X
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
anyone?

graydiggy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1968

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like a carrier issue... They may need to reset your device on the network or swap out your SIM card.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

You may try updating your ROM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Lost in a paper bag again...

chocodough
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGS2X View Post
Alright so I've had this problem with my S4 ever since I got it, been too lazy to find a solution but now I'm getting really annoyed. About half the time when I make a call, I can hear the other person clearly but they cannot hear me at all. When I look at the phone, it still says 'Dialing..." instead of 00:01 etc . I don't think this ever happens when the other person calls me but im not sure.. maybe it does but definitely not as frequently as when I initiate the call.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? I'm on Rogers btw and usually have full bars when this happens.
Not that this really helps, but when I used to work for AT&T, we had a problem exactly like that in the area which I worked. It was random and on all types of phones.

Personally sounds like a local network issue to me.