Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help! Stuck in soft brick situation for 2 days now.

OP TechFiend22

7th January 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Yikes! I have SGS3 Sgh-T999 model, rooted with TWRP and clockwork mod. Running a JB Liquid Smooth ROM at 4.2.2. I was updating to get the 4.4.2 OS. I backed everything up thoroughly then proceeded to enter TWRP recovery mode. I factory reset (succeeded), wiped cache (succeeded)m wiped Dalvik (succeeded). I then flashed the exact ROM and gapps for my device (cm-11-20140105-NIGHTLY-d2tmo.zip and gapps-kk-20131119.zip) with both attempts failing. I tried to reboot and a message came up saying TWRP needed to repair my super user permissions or soething like that. I opted 'yes" and thus began the endless loop that goes like this: vibrate-SGS3 splash screen with the white letters-TWRP splash screen-black screen-2 vibrates-SGS3 splash and so on.

I cannot enter recovery mode. I can get into download mode only if I am hooked up to the computer with Odin open and phone off. Then I can step into download mode. I cannot however get anything helpful to occur after that. I have tried flashing the stock ROM file using Odin. That is all I know to do at this point. Odin does not give any indication it is flashing in the colored boxes on top (green, pass/fail, etc...). When trying to flash it checks MD5 successfully then gives a "Leave CS" message followed by a "All Threads Completed (succeed 0/failed 0)" message

I am totally stuck. I think my original mistake was not updating TWRP and Clockwork to the freshest version prior to flashing. My second was trying to flash gapps after ROM failed. Then rebooting after both failed. I need help desperately as I am heavy looking for a job and that is my connection to the world.

Does anyone have any sage advice or tutorials on how to get things running again? Thanks in advance for your help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread