5,597,198 Members 43,489 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Useing external hard drive on note 8??

Tip us?

Ahmad77888
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Useing external hard drive on note 8??

Hey guys, I'm m gonna buy a galaxy note 8 but first I need to know if it supports external hard drives? I got 1tb usb3 external hard drive and i really need the device to support it. Does it?

NMonster69
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Been meaning to try it. I have plugged a flash drive and a CF reader in with no issues. The device can't seem to read NTFS though. Soon I will be trying a GPT partitioned drive formatted as exFAT and FAT32. I haven't had my OTG cable long so I haven't had allot of time to experiment. Wanted to plug into my USB hub and see how many drives I can mount as well.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900T) (Radio-NB4) 4.4.2 Rom ([ROM] ViSiON X NC2) ([Kernel] CivZ-SnapKat-Rev2.6-sm_n900T-4.4.2)
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (GT-N5100) (Radio-MJ2) 4.2.2 Rom (CivZ-FLEX-BEAM-REV3.6.2)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2-10" (SGH-i497) (Radio-MF2) 4.1.2 Stock

casper66m
Old
Thanks Meter 0
galaxy note 8 does not support external hard drives.

flymacs
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad77888 View Post
Hey guys, I'm m gonna buy a galaxy note 8 but first I need to know if it supports external hard drives? I got 1tb usb3 external hard drive and i really need the device to support it. Does it?
It will connect to an external hd so long as its formatted to fat32. You will also need to get the correct cable...Micro USB to USB OTG Adapter Cable. I bought mine from Amazon for $3.