5,595,000 Members 38,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] possbile brick?

Tip us?
 
Ligerblue
Old
(Last edited by Ligerblue; 2nd January 2014 at 12:46 AM.)
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2011
Default [Q] possbile brick?

The last few days i have found my phone to be stuck with screen off, usually pulling the batt and powering it up again. Although throughout the day it would happen every now and then. It seemed all well yesterday but today i found it frozen again pulled the batt and tryed to power it on and it will not come on.

When plugged into the pc it shows QHSUSB_DLOAD

The GS3 is stock and the last update before the knox addition. It has been bugging me to update for some time now.


Any ideas greatly appreciated , Happy New years
 
joeyhdownsouth
Old
#2  
joeyhdownsouth's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 131
Posts: 694
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Creole State
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerblue View Post
The last few days i have found my phone to be stuck with screen off, usually pulling the batt and powering it up again. Although throughout the day it would happen every now and then. It seemed all well yesterday but today i found it frozen again pulled the batt and tryed to power it on and it will not come on.

When plugged into the pc it shows QHSUSB_DLOAD

The GS3 is stock and the last update before the knox addition. It has been bugging me to update for some time now.


Any ideas greatly appreciated , Happy New years
Pull the battery, put it back in, hold volume-, home, and power. It should pull up screen that says warning. If it does its not hard bricked. The QHSUSB DLOAD means hard brick though. You can try THIS method.
LG G2(Sprint)-stock for now
Motorola Moto G(unlocked)-ROM/KERNEL:Pac-Man AIO-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Sprint)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Note 10.1-ROM/KERNEL:Hyperdrive-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
Samsung Galaxy S3(Boost)-ROM/KERNEL:AOSB-RECOVERY:Philz CWM Advanced
The Following User Says Thank You to joeyhdownsouth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ligerblue
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth View Post
Pull the battery, put it back in, hold volume-, home, and power. It should pull up screen that says warning. If it does its not hard bricked. The QHSUSB DLOAD means hard brick though. You can try THIS method.
thanks for the reply i was actually thinking bout that one too, is trying a jtag even worth it or just go straight to that method.

no dice on download mode sigh..
 
kennyglass123
Old
#4  
kennyglass123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23743
Posts: 26,398
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Right behind you!

 
DONATE TO ME
Questions and help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Thread moved
Thanks
FNSM

Twitter: @kennyglass123 - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
 
Ligerblue
Old
(Last edited by Ligerblue; 3rd January 2014 at 10:05 PM.) Reason: update on phone
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2011
I used the method posted up in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2369125.

Phone enters download mode now but using odin and the odin listed in that thread gives me a fail in odin "no pit" and on the phone i get " flash read failure"

looking around seems to sound as if my phone is toast or am i missing something
 
jesuscash
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 327
Posts: 1,053
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerblue View Post
I used the method posted up in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2369125.

Phone enters download mode now but using odin and the odin listed in that thread gives me a fail in odin "no pit" and on the phone i get " flash read failure"

looking around seems to sound as if my phone is toast or am i missing something
Try using heimdall

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
 
Ligerblue
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesuscash View Post
Try using heimdall

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Small update

Got heimdall but i dont have any tars that i can use with it ( they are all MD5 and changing the extension doesn't work)

I looked at utitles and made sure the phone was detected and it is but clicking print PIT gives me a error failed to receive pit size and failed to download PIT file

The phone gives me a flash read failure

Would you happen to have a tar that works? it is a 16gb GS3
 
Ligerblue
Old
#8  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2011
Any other ideas i should give a shot?
 
Ligerblue
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 56
Join Date: Nov 2011
it seems closer and closer that the board itself is fried , should i look for another motherboard to swap in?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Get the AOSP Lock Screen on Your ICS-Powered Samsung Device

Android is the only popular mobile operating system that allows users, … more

Motorola Droid RAZR HD and M to Receive KitKat in a “Few More Weeks”

Verizon and Motorola shocked us all back in November when … more

[APK] YouTube Update to 5.6 Now Lets You Cast Live Video to Your Chromecast

Earlier today, we talked about how Google brought two new apps to … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more