XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Safestrap 3.71 Problem

Tip us?

Astrophysicist789
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Safestrap 3.71 Problem

Hello out there. I have a strange situation with my AT&T Galaxy S4 with Safestrap 3.71. I have rooted and installed Safestrap, downloaded a ROM, flashed it successfully, but for some reason when I switch to ROM slot 1 (this is where I flashed it) I get a black screen and my phone just reboots. What did I do wrong? I have been trying to use Safestrap for a while now, and every version of Safestrap and ROM that I tried flashing ended up like this. I always wipe everything before flashing to prevent a dirty flash. I tried with the MF3 firmware and the result it the same with the new MK2 firnware. Also, I am always able to switch back to the stock ROM slot and it boots without a problem. I would greatly appreciate some input. Thank you.

wtfmateim65
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Had this same problem, my ROM slot size wasn't big enough to flash the rom as I didnt have enough space. It would flash but then end with unable to mount /system and i'd bootloop upon reboot. I freed up space and DELETED the ROM slot 1. Then remade it and adjusted the ROM slot memory size. No more unable to mount /system and booted up into SHOstock 3.0 rom on MK2. Had to go back and wipe after flashing the ROM to get rid of force closes. Didnt touch stock slot
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfmateim65 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

O-rangePeels
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophysicist789 View Post
Hello out there. I have a strange situation with my AT&T Galaxy S4 with Safestrap 3.71. I have rooted and installed Safestrap, downloaded a ROM, flashed it successfully, but for some reason when I switch to ROM slot 1 (this is where I flashed it) I get a black screen and my phone just reboots. What did I do wrong? I have been trying to use Safestrap for a while now, and every version of Safestrap and ROM that I tried flashing ended up like this. I always wipe everything before flashing to prevent a dirty flash. I tried with the MF3 firmware and the result it the same with the new MK2 firnware. Also, I am always able to switch back to the stock ROM slot and it boots without a problem. I would greatly appreciate some input. Thank you.
What ROM are you trying to flash? For MK2 safestrap you can only flash a TW based rom running 4.3, any other roms that are not TW based and are not on 4.3 will now work.

jasas212
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfmateim65 View Post
Had this same problem, my ROM slot size wasn't big enough to flash the rom as I didnt have enough space. It would flash but then end with unable to mount /system and i'd bootloop upon reboot. I freed up space and DELETED the ROM slot 1. Then remade it and adjusted the ROM slot memory size. No more unable to mount /system and booted up into SHOstock 3.0 rom on MK2. Had to go back and wipe after flashing the ROM to get rid of force closes. Didnt touch stock slot
There is the problem.....add some data size...go to 3000 when you partition

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Astrophysicist789
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-rangePeels View Post
What ROM are you trying to flash? For MK2 safestrap you can only flash a TW based rom running 4.3, any other roms that are not TW based and are not on 4.3 will now work.
Can you/anyone suggest some roms that fit this criteria? As you can tell, i'm quite noobish in this field.

O-rangePeels
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrophysicist789 View Post
Can you/anyone suggest some roms that fit this criteria? As you can tell, i'm quite noobish in this field.
Hyperdrive rom/ infamous roms are my go to for my s4 on safestrap. You could also use the GPE roms if i am not mistaken.

hovax615@hotmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-rangePeels View Post
Hyperdrive rom/ infamous roms are my go to for my s4 on safestrap. You could also use the GPE roms if i am not mistaken.
You can't flash gpe Roms on 4.3 due to a different kernel. Tried flashing a bunch of gpe Roms already none work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

O-rangePeels
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hovax615@hotmail.com View Post
You can't flash gpe Roms on 4.3 due to a different kernel. Tried flashing a bunch of gpe Roms already none work.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
Ah I see, sorry. I thought you could since I was able to flash Eclipse GPE on 4.2.2.

Lpfan83
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Increase cache to 600 megabytes. No roms I flashed ran until I changed it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

mineralpoint
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello I am having the same problem. I was able to load up SHOstock v3 the safestrap version once. Then I tried Hyperdrive and that worked as well. Now I can not get SHOstock to load again. I just get a black screen that lasts seemingly forever. I have tried up'ing the cache, up'ing the data partition, I have tried different slots, I have tried uninstalling safestrap recover and the install apk and re-downling. I cannot get anything to load. Has anyone had this happen to them and figured out what to do?