Ask a question

No registration required

Miracast How-Tos

OP david90531

4th January 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
I'm quite new to Wi-Di and Miracast. Can someone briefly explain how it works? I tried to do it on my friend's Samsung Smart TV since I think it would have miracast capability but it wouldn't work.
Also, I don't think my TV has Miracast function, would buying a dongle like this work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-iPu...item2ecd29d58f
Do I just plug that in one of the HDMI port?

Thanks in advance!
6th January 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

44 posts
I guess not many people use Miracast? Maybe it's not very popular yet...
7th January 2014, 06:38 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 13

137 posts
I have the netgear ptv3000 miracast device. Yes u just hook ur miracast device to ur TV HDMI port, and then instructions will appear on ur TV screen. U connect from ur tab wirelessly to the miracast device. Go to ur display settings in ur tab u should see miracsat under screen sharing tab. But to be honest miracsat doesn't feel as smooth sometimes very laggy. I would suggest buying a very long micro HDMI cable and directly connect tab to TV. That's what I do.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk 4
7th January 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

44 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabih107

I have the netgear ptv3000 miracast device. Yes u just hook ur miracast device to ur TV HDMI port, and then instructions will appear on ur TV screen. U connect from ur tab wirelessly to the miracast device. Go to ur display settings in ur tab u should see miracsat under screen sharing tab. But to be honest miracsat doesn't feel as smooth sometimes very laggy. I would suggest buying a very long micro HDMI cable and directly connect tab to TV. That's what I do.

Okay thanks for the advice! Yeah I was wondering how well it performs, if it lags still then I'd probably stick with HDMI connection then. Does it support HD video playback?
The Following User Says Thank You to david90531 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 13

137 posts
Yes it supports 1080p playback, but like I said, it is very annoying and laggy. For me it would play for 30 sec then freeze and sound would go off sync. Its not worth it in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to zabih107 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread