Moga Pocket Review

Tip us?

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8723

DONATE TO ME
Default Moga Pocket Review

I'd like to do a review on the Moga pocket. I bought it for $14.20 on eBay. The seller did raise up the price to $17, but it's worth it.

Here's the eBay link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOGA-Mobile-...item53ff9dbe20

Here's the manufacturer's link

http://www.powera.com/Products/MOGA-...System-Android

The 2 apps I used:

Moga Pivot software: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....pivot.mogapgp

Moga universal driver: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mogaime&hl=en

The Moga Pivot is the software that connects the Controller to the phone and shows you the list of supported games. It also has the buttons mapped for the game.

The universal driver allows you to create custom mappings for unsupported games, emulators, or to change the button mappings of supported games.

For example, Max Payne is a supported game, BUT the default button mappings do not allow me to shoot in the game. I configured the universal app and changed some buttons and now I can shoot in the game!

It's also fun to play Nintendo 64 with the controller (Super Smash Bro and Super Mario 64, anyone?) and it runs great!

The Good:
- Great controller
- Preconfigured button mappings
- Small enough to fit in your pocket
- App gives you a list of games that are supported and reroutes you to the Play Store to purchase/download it
- Get Sonic and Pacman for free, when you buy the controller new.
- All the emulators I used already has the Moga controller supported
- Low price tag

The Bad:
- As stated earlier with Max Payne, button mappings may not have the correct controls
- Does not allow you to change the mappings in game nor in the app
- Universal driver is a little confusing to set the controls. I had to change the buttons continuously to find out what it did.
- You have to disable the Moga Pivot app to use the Universal driver. It takes a few seconds, but it becomes a nuisance if you turn on and off the controller many times of the day.

The Verdict:
Buy it. Buy it. Buy it! The little nuisances are nothing and the good outweighs the bad! I personally love it and know you will too!
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."
The Following User Says Thank You to hasoon2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mchief298
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Or buy the new power with full analog sticks with the clicks.
My philosophy is that if your contribution to the community has a giant DONATE button in the center of the page? It isn't worth the download.

hasoon2000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8723

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief298 View Post
Buying it at $14.20 was well worth it. Especially since it fits in my pocket and I can take it anywhere with no problem.
* Developer of AIO Toolkits: Amaze 4G / Sensation 4G / Vivid / Rezound / MyTouch 4G Slide / One X (TEGRA3) / One S / One V / Evo 4G LTE / Droid Incredible 4G LTE / Wildfire S / Desire X / One X (Evita) / One X+ / Droid DNA *
* QX Series ROMs: Dinc4GLTE / One X+ *

If I have helped you, you can give me a donation so I can continue going to school!

Need a phone unlocked? PM me for details! I can unlock many GSM phones, even the new HTC One Series!

Need to see if an IMEI is blocked/blacklisted before your buy/sell/trade? PM me for details as well!

Not only do we Google you, we read your emails, too! <-- Article

"Something can scar you, but do not let it define you."

Bonisaur
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief298 View Post
Doesn't it also charge your phone? I thought that was definitely worth it...

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

PcFish
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Moga was giving the Power A out for free with Sonic, Pacman and Modern Combat 3 early December last year. Just paid for $4.95 shipping.

It's great for $4.95, I wouldn't pay any more than $20. Not a fan of the control stick.

mooseass
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My uncles worked at moga and gave me 2 of these 4 Christmas. The pro and the pocket. Ienjoyed using the pro. What were your favourite games? I liked soulcraft and dead trigger and shadowgun. Hope they have support for the next madden and Fifa games

I'm selling the pocket BTW. I could do 15 on eBay but buyer pays shipping

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

mcp2009
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Just got a moga pro from HTC yesterday and I love it. Works great with all my emulators. Mainly using it for San Andreas and Dead Trigger now.
Surface Pro 128GB-Love It
Note 2-Passed Down
HTC One-Back Up
iPhone 5S-Back Up
HTC M8-Loving It Can't Wait For Root

Esoth
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp2009 View Post
Just got a moga pro from HTC yesterday and I love it. Works great with all my emulators. Mainly using it for San Andreas and Dead Trigger now.
A couple of things hold this back from being truly great, in my opinion. First is that the buttons are really quite stiff, which can be a little bit of a problem when playing games like Mario. More annoyingly, though, is that there seems to be a slight lag, which also is more than a little annoying (and death-inducing) in Mario.

Still, it's good value for money and it's far better than on-screen controls

twan2001
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoth View Post
A couple of things hold this back from being truly great, in my opinion. First is that the buttons are really quite stiff, which can be a little bit of a problem when playing games like Mario. More annoyingly, though, is that there seems to be a slight lag, which also is more than a little annoying (and death-inducing) in Mario.

Still, it's good value for money and it's far better than on-screen controls
no lag on mine... GTA San Andreas plays better on my HTC than it did on my PS2.