XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Recent Newegg.com Order

Tip us?

threnagyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Recent Newegg.com Order

I just wanted to share my experience with anyone who's on the fence with a last minute newegg.com order.

I ordered from them on 12/31/2013 and just received my tablet today. After their $50 instant discount and $20-off promo code (that expires tonight btw), I shelled out $279.99. I've been able to spend a few hours with it and my initial thoughts are very positive. I did receive an open box and annoyingly, there were some dust particles on the device, but that's where my annoyance ends. Aside from the unit being very slick and quick, I'm not having the issues that others have mentioned.

The white are fairly white - I even compared against my Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display. Its obviously not as white, but its not bad at all. I can see how some would complain about brightness for outside use, but I find it to be very pleasing. 100% is bright enough to hurt my eyes in a room lit with a 60 watt bulb. I find that 80% is great for me in most places in the house. I usually keep my Macbook Pro w/ Retina Display ~90% for comfortable, indoors use. I do not have any light bleeding or lighting inconsistencies anywhere on the screen that I can notice (I tested this with a variety of backgrounds). Overall, I am very pleased with design, especially after reading about the concerns that others had.
The Following User Says Thank You to threnagyn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brewer15650
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Just got mine tonight also (same deal$) couldn't be happier. The only thing that sucked was the shipping delay from there end of the year inventory. I got white, box wasn't sealed and no screen scratches.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

naruto.ninjakid
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewer15650 View Post
Just got mine tonight also (same deal$) couldn't be happier. The only thing that sucked was the shipping delay from there end of the year inventory. I got white, box wasn't sealed and no screen scratches.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Will let you guys know mine comes in tomorrow.

Enjoying My Devices

threnagyn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
TC here. Wanted to update 1 thing. Before my purchase, I heard that the camera was not that great. This did not bother me as I have a DSLR for taking HQ pics, but I'd like to note that the camera is... stunningly bad - Very grainy and inconsistent light capture. Like, on par with the quality of my first smart phone's camera 3 generations (5-6 years) ago. I was trying to take pics of some things for my Ebay store and ended up just using my Samsung S3 phone which takes way better pictures, and that's saying a lot. Like I mentioned, it doesn't really bother me at all, but if a camera is a selling point for you, you might want to consider the Galaxy Note 8 or something else.