Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Best setup to be ready for kit kat 4.4 on i545

OP mshawn3

5th January 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I'm running an i545 S4, rooted, hotspot tether, 4.3, MJ7. I ultimately want to be running MK2 4.4 kit kat, rooted, with wifi hotspot. What if anything can I do at this time to get my phone best setup to be ready to take advantage of new releases and who would be the most likely builders. I been read about some stuff cyanogenmod is doing and I like the Toro eclipse rom stuff (inverted) as well. Should I focus on trying to get MK2 build first?
Thanks for your help in advance cuz you guys always come thru!
Michael S.
5th January 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag salt lake city
Thanks Meter: 157
 
1,016 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3

I'm running an i545 S4, rooted, hotspot tether, 4.3, MJ7. I ultimately want to be running MK2 4.4 kit kat, rooted, with wifi hotspot. What if anything can I do at this time to get my phone best setup to be ready to take advantage of new releases and who would be the most likely builders. I been read about some stuff cyanogenmod is doing and I like the Toro eclipse rom stuff (inverted) as well. Should I focus on trying to get MK2 build first?
Thanks for your help in advance cuz you guys always come thru!
Michael S.

There is really no telling man at this point. A lot of people are already running CM 4.4 Kitkat but for that you must be on MDK. Your best bet would be for Samsung to release a 4.4 TW build at some point and wait for someone to post build.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahoslc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th January 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoslc

There is really no telling man at this point. A lot of people are already running CM 4.4 Kitkat but for that you must be on MDK. Your best bet would be for Samsung to release a 4.4 TW build at some point and wait for someone to post build.

What's MDK bro? Is that an older version thats easier to hack
Last edited by mshawn3; 5th January 2014 at 11:28 PM.
5th January 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag salt lake city
Thanks Meter: 157
 
1,016 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3

What's MDK bro? Is that an older version thats easier to hack

Is it the first version S4 shipped with and at this point there is no way to downgrade to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahoslc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 12:24 AM   |  #5  
Demiurge7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bellevue, WA
Thanks Meter: 305
 
281 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
This should be in Q&A

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demiurge7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #6  
mateopase's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3

What's MDK bro? Is that an older version thats easier to hack

Yeah, to add to what the other poster said, it's the first version that the S4 came out with, and it was easy to hack by using something called Loki, which bypasses the bootloader and lets you change your kernel and run AOSP ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to mateopase For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Flag Decatur
Thanks Meter: 834
 
2,451 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3

What's MDK bro? Is that an older version thats easier to hack

MK2 isn't 4.4....

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven
The Following User Says Thank You to decaturbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
91 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob

MK2 isn't 4.4....

safestrap enabled, Hyperdrive driven


KitKat has not yet been released for the S4. MK2 is just the latest verizon build for the S4. The phone is on 4.3
Last edited by sulla65; 6th January 2014 at 02:00 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to sulla65 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #9  
KennyG123's Avatar
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 27,242
 
28,946 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Questions and Help issues go in Q&A and Help section
Development sections are for developers to post work
Thread moved
Thanks
FNSM
The Following User Says Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I apologize for posting in the wrong place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demiurge7

This should be in Q&A

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info and moving it to the appropriate thread for me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes