5,593,293 Members 33,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][SOLVED] Screen remains OFF/ Can't unlock screen

Tip us?

Sewrizer
Old
(Last edited by Sewrizer; 7th January 2014 at 05:01 PM.) Reason: solved the problem by myself
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Exclamation [Q][SOLVED] Screen remains OFF/ Can't unlock screen

[SOLVED]

I came across a rather unusual issue that I simply can not fix by myself. After succesfully flashing a rom (sungsonic rom v3) I noticed that the screen remains off despite my attempts of unlocking it. (tried power button/home button/ phone call). None of them worked. What's strange about it is that the phone is still ON(the led is flashing etc..)
I tried to fix this by performing a factory reset and deleting the cache partition. It didn't work.
I tried flashing other roms: stock 4.1.2(zip, not tar), stock 4.3(zip, not tar), EmotionMIUI, CM10.2, omniROM, OMEGA, Phoenix and that's all I remember. All of those displayed the same error except CM10.2, which kept freezing and rebooting by itself. ( these were flashed both with Philz and TWRP)

I think that restoring a backup would be a possible solution, however during this process my SDcard got corrupted and I lost my backups.(bummer)

Has anyone here dealt with this issue? Can anyone upload to mega a note2 backup so I can try restoring it (if possible)?

Model: N7100.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: I looked into the sudden death syndrome thread, however my phone can go into download/recovery mode and WORKS PERFECTLY FINE UNTIL THE SCREEN IS LOCKED(then it has to be rebooted again)
P.P.S: connecting/disconnecting charger doesn't work either.

EDIT: I deleted NFCLockscreenOff using SD Maid (it's a system apk) and it works perfectly now.
Current android devices :
Samsung galaxy i9100p(rooted, using ReVoltROM[hybrid, cm10.1/aosp/pa])
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Tablet: Samsung P1000 (rooted, CM10.1)
Former:
HTC sensation XE (rooted and sold), LG P500 (rooted), iPhone 4(jailbroken), Samsung galaxy S3(rooted and sold)

Don't forget to hit if i helped

Sewrizer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
nobody?
Current android devices :
Samsung galaxy i9100p(rooted, using ReVoltROM[hybrid, cm10.1/aosp/pa])
Samsung Galaxy Note II
Tablet: Samsung P1000 (rooted, CM10.1)
Former:
HTC sensation XE (rooted and sold), LG P500 (rooted), iPhone 4(jailbroken), Samsung galaxy S3(rooted and sold)

Don't forget to hit if i helped
Tags
error, freeze, note2, screen