XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help KFHD7 Won't turn on

Tip us?

bagels6969
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help KFHD7 Won't turn on

If anyone could help, i'd really appreciate it. I was successfully able to root my kindle, but after rooting i tried installing TWRP via adb it never came back after it's final reboot. I have a fastboot cable and even with it, the kindle won't turn on, doesn't show up in devices on either linux or windows. Does anyone have any ideas how to recover it? I'm thinking that the bootloader is somehow missing or corrupt in a way that even fastboot doesn't work.

Also, if it is not recoverable in it's current state, is there somewhere that i can get a replacement system board to get it back up and running. I'm very technically savvy and am completely comfortable changing system boards, i'm just not familiar with android bootloaders enough to know how to fix this.

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 505

DONATE TO ME
If it hard bricked, which it probably did, you can either replace the board or wait for kurohyou to map out the emmc contacts on the motherboard like he did the kfhd8.9 and kf2, and you can do some soldering and reflash the boot loader from Linux. Otherwise replace the board.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null