[Q] KFHD 8.9" ADB works, fastboot doesn't

Tip us?

msmitty12
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] KFHD 8.9" ADB works, fastboot doesn't

Hello,

I successfully rooted my KFHD 8.9" with Bin4ry's "root many android." I want to install Cyanogenmod on my tablet, so I installed the android adt bundle. The problem I have is that I'm unable to fastboot the Kindle. Typing "adb devices" in the command prompt looks like this:

adb devices
B0C91101319300F6 device

However, typing "fastboot devices" in the prompt returns nothing. I've also tried powering off and unplugging my Kindle, typing this:

fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product

into the command prompt and then pluggin in the device. However, the command prompt just stays at < waiting for device > and the Kindle powers on normally (not fastboot mode).

Did anyone have this same problem? If you were able to fastboot successfully, which drivers did you use (where did you download them from)? I tried the drivers from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838 and here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2337634. Niether worked.

Thanks!

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 497

DONATE TO ME
If you have adb access try "adb reboot bootloader", or if rooted run
Code:
adb shell "su -c 'reboot bootloader'"
That should get you into fastboot so you can install the drivers in my signature, from there on the method you were previously trying should work.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null