DraStic DS Emulator on the P990

Search This thread

LEDAHGRIM

Feb 13, 2013
So, I read all over the DraStic forums and even on google play that TEGRA 2
processors are not compatible whit the emulator... I can confirm this because
before I used to test both the demo version and the pirated full version from
aptoide on my P990 which has the TEGRA 2.

Both version always showed a black screen and force closed instantly no matter
what, So today after a few months I tested the demo again and... It worked...

The official forums still say that TEGRA 2 is not compatible and yet it works on
my P990, A bit fearful I bought the full version because I like auto updates and it
worked like a charm too!

Maybe it has something to do whit the kernel I'm using or something random...

Anyway, I'm using Tonyp's "The ROM" build 26 and "Kowalsky Kernel" 27 exp
alpha 14 (the 3.0 + one), For anyone who feels like trying his luck!

MPicc97

Apr 29, 2012
I think is the app not working.
It doesn't work to me too on my S3 i9300

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

NoDze

Well, I'll be damned. It really does work, despite their claims that it's not working on non-NEON devices. I'll let screenshots speak.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389208202081.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389208202081.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 231
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389208252292.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389208252292.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 252
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389208264540.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389208264540.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 201

TnA.Plastic

Dec 24, 2013
They added x86 and Tegra2 (+other non-Neon-ARM-CPU) - support a month ago!
Nice Christmas present! The app is technically well coded, the coders Exophase and Lordus are helpful/supportive and they fix bugs fast and implement features nicely/clean and fast.

It also dropped in price and is really worth it!
All those who bought the app can also participate/volunteer in beta-tests.

NoDze

They added x86 and Tegra2 (+other non-Neon-ARM-CPU) - support a month ago!
Nice Christmas present! The app is technically well coded, the coders Exophase and Lordus are helpful/supportive and they fix bugs fast and implement features nicely/clean and fast.

It also dropped in price and is really worth it!
All those who bought the app can also participate/volunteer in beta-tests.

Yeah, I've noticed that some time after posting. I was actually really thrilled because in te last couple of years, our Tegra 2 gets neglected too often, ranging from the fact that Vine and Instagram videos aren't supported, to some trivial facts like Twitter Image Upload.

TnA.Plastic

Dec 24, 2013
Yeah, I've noticed that some time after posting. I was actually really thrilled because in te last couple of years, our Tegra 2 gets neglected too often, ranging from the fact that Vine and Instagram videos aren't supported, to some trivial facts like Twitter Image Upload.

Being on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (1st-gen), I know exactly what you're talking about. :D
Would be interesting if a processor-instruction-set could be changed a.k.a. "flashed", but I guess there isn't a rewritable flash and probably NEON couldn't simply added with a Kernel - Module, could it?

NoDze

Being on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (1st-gen), I know exactly what you're talking about. :D
Would be interesting if a processor-instruction-set could be changed a.k.a. "flashed", but I guess there isn't a rewritable flash and probably NEON couldn't simply added with a Kernel - Module, could it?

There was once a discussion about this and, as far as I remember, TonyP said that it was somewhat possible, in theory, because some people tried to do that by making Armv6 processors show up and work as armv7 processors, enabling them to use armv7 apps and stuff, basically the same thing we need because NEON isn't supported by our hardware and our only option is to emulate NEON. But, in all seriousness, it's impossible. We can only send requests to the app developers to fix that, as did the guys from the DraStic team do.

TnA.Plastic

Dec 24, 2013
There was once a discussion about this and, as far as I remember, TonyP said that it was somewhat possible, in theory, because some people tried to do that by making Armv6 processors show up and work as armv7 processors, enabling them to use armv7 apps and stuff, basically the same thing we need because NEON isn't supported by our hardware and our only option is to emulate NEON. But, in all seriousness, it's impossible. We can only send requests to the app developers to fix that, as did the guys from the DraStic team do.

So technically NEON-Calls have to be catched on a higher abstraction and then emulated, or executed by other calls, thus technically leading to a lot overhead and inefficiency... But atleast NEON-Only-Apps could be executed then... Would be interesting thought...