cracked screen

Tip us?

yasseral1
Old
(Last edited by yasseral1; 2nd January 2014 at 04:40 AM.) Reason: extra info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy cracked screen

my tablet z has a cracked screen. no idea how it happened. i have it in the poetic case all the time.
any ideas where i can get it repaired and how much it will cost ( i live in the UK) ?

N1NJATH3ORY
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasseral1 View Post
my tablet z has a cracked screen. no idea how it happened. i have it in the poetic case all the time.
any ideas where i can get it repaired and how much it will cost ( i live in the UK) ?

Here try this CLICKME .Or you could try ringing Sony ? But Sony will be looking to charge 100 to 200+ for replacement they ain't cheap... And how did you break it ? did you have the tablet in a backpack or something ?

yasseral1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1NJATH3ORY View Post
Here try this .Or you could try ringing Sony ? But Sony will be looking to charge 100 to 200+ for replacement they ain't cheap... And how did you break it ? did you have the tablet in a backpack or something ?
Thanks for the reply. I think I will have to ring Sony up. I was looking online and it appears its a very difficult DIY job (at least for me). No idea how it happened

N1NJATH3ORY
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I think I will have to ring Sony up. I was looking online and it appears its a very difficult DIY job (at least for me). No idea how it happened
Let us know how much Sony is asking to replace the display....

cantenna
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
The poetic case is how it happened. I have one and quickly stopped using it, got official sony. It puts to much pressure on the device. Try taking your device out of a poetic case without a rainbow swirl effect on the LCD, can't be done. I did unfortunately it created a number of stuck pixels. I strongly advise not using a poetic case on this tablet. It looks and feels nice but breaks device.

tehSmoogs
Old
Thanks Meter 12
My XTZ also has a cracked screen, from being in laptop bag from work to home and not in the Sony case

The LCD display looks fine, but the touch sensor fires randomly.

I've ordered a replacement screen from ebay which won't arrive for another couple of weeks, but after looking at the Sony teardown on YouTube I'm now pissing my pants just thinking about doing it myself!

Did you get a price from Sony to repair?