FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

[Q] How do I know what phone do I have???

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By alex2ex, Junior Member on 6th January 2014, 07:03 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just bought a Galaxy S3 from some guy, the problem is that I don't know what model it is. On the back of the phone there's an AT&T logo but when I turn it on it says Verizon :/.

6th January 2014, 07:10 AM |#2  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2ex

I just bought a Galaxy S3 from some guy, the problem is that I don't know what model it is. On the back of the phone there's an AT&T logo but when I turn it on it says Verizon :/.

Settings/about phone /model number
vzn is i535
6th January 2014, 07:13 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

Settings/about phone /model number
vzn is i535

It says sch-i535 But is it possible that the phone was flashed with a verizon firmware and is actually an AT&T phone?
6th January 2014, 07:41 AM |#4  
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Quote:

It says sch-i535 But is it possible that the phone was flashed with a verizon firmware and is actually an AT&T phone?

I could be wrong but it does not change it
maybe someone with more knowledge could give u a better answer
6th January 2014, 07:57 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,649

More
Quote:

Take the back cover off, then remove the battery, you should see a label with model/manufacture on it...
7th January 2014, 11:01 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:

I am pretty sure you can't flash another stock firmware onto another carrier.

Model #, Baseband version, and hardware version should say something with i535. Try plugging your phone into your computer via usb and see if it pops up as i535 and check the firmware it downloads is my only other suggestion if you're doubtful.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread