Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,787 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Has someone successfully flashed a firmware in Lumia 925?

Tip us?

zogoibi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Has someone successfully flashed a firmware in Lumia 925?

Hello. As there's no Lumia 925 forum yet, and the 925 has almost the same specs, I'm posting my question here.

Has anybody been able to flash a Lumia 925? I've read four different tutorials for Lumia flashing, none of them agreeing in the sequence of buttons pressing; and with each of the tutorials, and after trying no less than twenty times, I always ended up with some error message, "wrong signal from the device", or something like that. And it gives me back the "retry" popup window, or simply exits with error code. The only log I get from the flashing software (Nokia Care Suit) is "recovery failed". I'm using Product Support Tool version 2013.49.3.30, one of the latest, supposedly supporting Lumia 925.

Someone else? Some success flashing this phone? Some hint about what the issue might be?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by zogoibi View Post
Hello. As there's no Lumia 925 forum yet, and the 925 has almost the same specs, I'm posting my question here.

Has anybody been able to flash a Lumia 925? I've read four different tutorials for Lumia flashing, none of them agreeing in the sequence of buttons pressing; and with each of the tutorials, and after trying no less than twenty times, I always ended up with some error message, "wrong signal from the device", or something like that. And it gives me back the "retry" popup window, or simply exits with error code. The only log I get from the flashing software (Nokia Care Suit) is "recovery failed". I'm using Product Support Tool version 2013.49.3.30, one of the latest, supposedly supporting Lumia 925.

Someone else? Some success flashing this phone? Some hint about what the issue might be?
Aren`t the Nokia Care Suite or Nokia Software Updater compatible with the 925?
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

zogoibi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Yes, both are. That's why I was wondering. Anyhow, I already passed that stage with a clean installation of the software in my system. Now I'm stuck in another problem...

anaheiim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 828

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zogoibi View Post

You have, already, two thread open for the same problem...

zogoibi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Nope. Those two threads address different problems. I first posted one about where to find latest software. Later on, I posted another one addressing a very particular issue regarding the flashig process. By the way, I reckon you might be able to help with the latter.