Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 46,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] GS4 i9505 usb-pc issue after upgrade to JB 4.3

Tip us?
 
Dude-K
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] GS4 i9505 usb-pc issue after upgrade to JB 4.3

Hello everyone,

I registered and post this thread because i give up with problem i get after upgrade my galaxy s4 i9505 to jelly bean 4.3. Pc dont recognizing phone, usb cable is good because when i connecting the charging icon appears. I checked in other pc (in both there is windows 7), I download the last version of usb drivers from official site, i download the last version of Kies3 and it still no connecting. Before upgrade i havent this issue, i also checked other usb cable (both cables are original). I searching for hour any solution, activate developer options and check "usb debugging", also i wrote *#0808# and check mtp (i also tried other options, no result) or I tried launch vol down + power + home, also dont help. So i give up and now i`m hope some hi-tech wizard will tell where i making mistake...

After hours spending on wasting time with this usb connect i started to think about change soft, but here appears another issue... I havent root, and superuser. That is not a finish of trouble! I noticed that i have recovery 3e with some kind of error "e: signature verification failure" when i trying to flash any other soft or custom recovery! I searching for some tips on web, but in all options i allways impended whatever i try: when i try use Rom Manager there is error i havent su, when i try activate SuperSu there is error i havent root, when i try install CWM by MobileOdin there is error i am not su... when i try other aps like Framaroot there is error #5, also in Rom Manager i have info that my Rom doesnt support OTA, when i try change recovery file in System/bin folder by RootExplorer there is again error "u havent root"! I'll go crazy by this trap!

Anyone have any ideas? Please help me

PS. English is not my strong side. Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dude-K For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Dude-K
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
So... can sombody help me or this issue is too much advanced for this forum?
 
Dude-K
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Again please help me.
 
Repulsa
Old
(Last edited by Repulsa; 6th January 2014 at 02:13 PM.)
#4  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1849
Posts: 1,801
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude-K View Post
Again please help me.
Can you please try to install this driver to your Pc http://uploaded.net/file/xdloq4jw , connect the cables on both side's Pc/Phone , on the screen to your phone there should be a notification(Connected as a media Device,Swipe it down and click that option, There should be MTP and Camera) Try to tick the camera first and let the driver install it and then tick MTP and let it install the driver for that as well , and Make sure to activate USB debugging. let me know. Have anice day.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

 
Dude-K
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
I lost hope someone will respond ^^ thanks Repulsa for sugestion! But this issue is harder then i thought, I have this drivers already i download drivers from your link in spite of all. After download I re-install it, "installation succesfull finished", after that I connect the galaxy s4 with pc by original cable (the charging icon appears but nothing more ). On screenn nothing happens, nothing appears, there is no this notification that u write (only charging in right, top corner).
I checked three times usb debugging, its active. Help me please
 
Repulsa
Old
#6  
Repulsa's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1849
Posts: 1,801
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Your Mom's crib

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude-K View Post
I lost hope someone will respond ^^ thanks Repulsa for sugestion! But this issue is harder then i thought, I have this drivers already i download drivers from your link in spite of all. After download I re-install it, "installation succesfull finished", after that I connect the galaxy s4 with pc by original cable (the charging icon appears but nothing more ). On screenn nothing happens, nothing appears, there is no this notification that u write (only charging in right, top corner).
I checked three times usb debugging, its active. Help me please

Hi there mate , Try plugging it in to another usb port that comes off a motherboard. Don't use the front ports or usb hub. or either download kies 3 from here http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...Kies3Setup.exeto see if its gonna work or not.have a nice day.
 
Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

 
jaswinky
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 609
Join Date: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude-K View Post
Hello everyone,

I registered and post this thread because i give up with problem i get after upgrade my galaxy s4 i9505 to jelly bean 4.3. Pc dont recognizing phone, usb cable is good because when i connecting the charging icon appears. I checked in other pc (in both there is windows 7), I download the last version of usb drivers from official site, i download the last version of Kies3 and it still no connecting. Before upgrade i havent this issue, i also checked other usb cable (both cables are original). I searching for hour any solution, activate developer options and check "usb debugging", also i wrote *#0808# and check mtp (i also tried other options, no result) or I tried launch vol down + power + home, also dont help. So i give up and now i`m hope some hi-tech wizard will tell where i making mistake...

After hours spending on wasting time with this usb connect i started to think about change soft, but here appears another issue... I havent root, and superuser. That is not a finish of trouble! I noticed that i have recovery 3e with some kind of error "e: signature verification failure" when i trying to flash any other soft or custom recovery! I searching for some tips on web, but in all options i allways impended whatever i try: when i try use Rom Manager there is error i havent su, when i try activate SuperSu there is error i havent root, when i try install CWM by MobileOdin there is error i am not su... when i try other aps like Framaroot there is error #5, also in Rom Manager i have info that my Rom doesnt support OTA, when i try change recovery file in System/bin folder by RootExplorer there is again error "u havent root"! I'll go crazy by this trap!

Anyone have any ideas? Please help me

PS. English is not my strong side. Sorry.
4.3 pc Drivers are different from 4.2.2. Install kies 3.

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2
 
Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 7th January 2014 at 02:52 AM.)
#8  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 545
Posts: 1,803
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude-K View Post
Anyone have any ideas? Please help me

PS. English is not my strong side. Sorry.
I see the problems are in Windows 7. The USB Conector seems ok. Untick "usb debugging" in ur phone and take a look this page. If dont appears nothing in the device manager, tell me it and i will give ya other solution

EDIT: Other option is:
- Uninstall completely Kies and Kies 3
- Reboot ur pc
- Download the latest version of Kies 3 (drivers are included, only tc what u select in the installation -> dont untick them)
- Conect ur phone to the pc with the USB conector and wait coz the drivers have to be installed. Till Windows dont finish of install them u dont need touch nothing. Good luck

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
Dude-K
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
I'm suprised that three peoples trying to help me, thats charming, thank you.

But...

Repulsa I've done what u wrote, I tried plugging s4 to another usb port, one port usb 2.0 and another usb 3.0, always was the same situation, the charging start coming but nothing more, there is no notification on phone screeon or on the pc. Also I tried do this in second pc, in 3 usb ports, but always was the same. After that I tried that what Repulsa and jaswinsky says, i re-install kies. First I uninstall in both pc kies, and i install the kies 3, I reboot my pc and I reboot my s4. Nothing new happens, only charging. Here i want to turn your attention that, I checked in both pc's my younger brothers Galaxy s2, and it havent any problems with connecting! If I plugging Galaxy s2 in this usb ports in both pc, windows 7 havent any problem to recognize phone! Kies and "My Computer" shows the device memory and its working. When I after that disconect s2 and plug in my s4 the same situation happens. Only charging icon, and nothing appears about connection.
After that i tried that what Joku1981 wrote, I untisck "usb debugging" in developer options and i checked the device manager, but there doesnt appears anything. There is not "other device" warning or anything like that. Charging icon appears but pc dont recognizing s4. I would also like to point out that, yesterday I've done with younger brother the format on one of this pc's with hope that will helps but, we format pc, reinstall windows7, reinstall all drivers, and the situation is still the same.
Please help me!

PS. I'm starting think about that the official OTA update do 4.4 will solve the issue..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Pale Moon Browser Ported to Android

Having a wide choice of third party applications is one of the most beautiful things that Android has to … more

Partial Android Wear Source Uploaded to AOSP

2014 is certainly shaping up to be theyear of the wearables. And thanks to its innovative … more

Street Panorama Combines Google Maps and Street View into One App

Google Maps is a must have application forevery amateur world explorer. … more

XDA Behind the Scenes, Part 3

This is the last part of a series of articles that reveals some of the processes, technology, and systems that … more