XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Access to Internal Storage in MB860 with damaged screen

Tip us?

feloox
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Access to Internal Storage in MB860 with damaged screen

Hi, I have a MB860 rooted and running Cyanogenmod. A few days ago the touch and LCD died. (presumably by break Flex).

I want to recover my data and pictures of internal storage, but the phone has PIN lock screen and only USB Charge for default (I can't change to Storage mode). When I connected to the PC I can access to RSD mode.

How I can recover my data with broken screen?

Thank you and have a nice 2014.
Greetings from Chile.

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 455
In the development section, there's a thread that discusses dual boot. Use that basis to copy the internal storage to an sd card or to your computer. There's not much you can do without the screen :/

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 310
Via ADB, you can copy contents from internal SD to external. Cp /sdcard/DCIM /sdcard-ext/bk_camera for example (the paths won't fit, I don't remeber the right ones for cm7)

Hit the damn thanks button instead!
Enviado desde mi MB860
Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS)

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

ravilov
Old
(Last edited by ravilov; 1st January 2014 at 05:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1304

DONATE TO ME
You didn't say which CM version you're using. There are at least 4 generations available for the Atrix.

You can try this via command line. Make sure you type it out exactly as specified. You type in only the bold stuff, the rest are prompts/comments.
Code:
> adb shell
$ su
#-- internal SD
# echo /dev/block/mmcblk0p18 > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file
#-- external SD
# echo /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun1/file
That should make your SD card(s) visible as windows drives.

When you're done, do "safe remove" in windows and then this:
Code:
> adb shell
$ su
# echo > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file
# echo > /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun1/file
This should work at least on CM7 (kernel 2.6).
The Following User Says Thank You to ravilov For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 455
@andresrivas @ravilov that was what i was getting at, i just didn't remember the exact command lines to input to get it done, thats why i pointed in the right direction.

Sent from my MB886 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to palmbeach05 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

syngamer96
Old
Thanks Meter 62
An alternative would be to USB mount from CWM, presuming you are using CWM. I'm not sure how it goes if its in TWRP or other recoveries. I've done it in that fashion ever since my digitizer messed up. Still looking for a way to fix it. No parts sold where I live
CLICK THANKS IF I HELPED YOU!

Current Phone: Motorola Atrix 4G (Digitizer Damaged), Xperia Play, Optimus G Pro

WANTS: Xperia Z1, Meizu MX3, Xiaomi Mi3, and the 1st Droid Bionic design, it was sexy!

Links:
Facebook: facebook.com/synyster.helmy
Twitter: twitter.com/helmy_foREVer
deviantArt: syngamer.deviantart.com/

PolesApart
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The adb trick should run fine.

If you have original firmware(or some of the very alpha cm9/cm19 kernels w/ HDMI enabled) you can try connecting the hdmi to a tv and see if you have the mirror feature enabled. If so, you can see your screen. As for input, you would need a usb keyboard and the multimedia dock or a hack cable.