Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 41,264 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Razr Maxx on T-Mobile, what do I have to do?

Tip us?

frankfitton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Razr Maxx on T-Mobile, what do I have to do?

I have an HTC One on T-Mobile that I have to send back to HTC to get repaired, I need something to tied me over till then. I have a Razr Maxx that I used to have on Verizon previously and want to use that in the interim.

I have read on here that it's unlocked out of the box, but when I put my T-Mobile sim card in it, it doesn't work. What else do I have to do to it in order to get it to function?

Dwillian
Old
Thanks Meter 123
The Droid Razr is unlocked. You may want to check with T-Mobile to see if they have recommended access point name (APN) settings. I had to do that to get my US Verizon RAZR to work in Canada. If you are lucky T-Mobile will have information on their support web site.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

frankfitton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwillian View Post
The Droid Razr is unlocked. You may want to check with T-Mobile to see if they have recommended access point name (APN) settings. I had to do that to get my US Verizon RAZR to work in Canada. If you are lucky T-Mobile will have information on their support web site.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
I got all the APN settings from them, but it's still not working. They say that should only effect data and mms service, but I can't even get my voice to work, but I put the SIM back in my HTC One and it works fine.

jag826
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default cruccr STREETS

The XT912 is Global Unlocked. You can use it on other GSM carriers outside the US only. You are stuck on Verizion inside the US.