Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Razr Maxx on T-Mobile, what do I have to do?

OP frankfitton

5th January 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have an HTC One on T-Mobile that I have to send back to HTC to get repaired, I need something to tied me over till then. I have a Razr Maxx that I used to have on Verizon previously and want to use that in the interim.

I have read on here that it's unlocked out of the box, but when I put my T-Mobile sim card in it, it doesn't work. What else do I have to do to it in order to get it to function?
5th January 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Kent, WA
Thanks Meter: 211

410 posts
More
The Droid Razr is unlocked. You may want to check with T-Mobile to see if they have recommended access point name (APN) settings. I had to do that to get my US Verizon RAZR to work in Canada. If you are lucky T-Mobile will have information on their support web site.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk
6th January 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwillian

The Droid Razr is unlocked. You may want to check with T-Mobile to see if they have recommended access point name (APN) settings. I had to do that to get my US Verizon RAZR to work in Canada. If you are lucky T-Mobile will have information on their support web site.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

I got all the APN settings from them, but it's still not working. They say that should only effect data and mms service, but I can't even get my voice to work, but I put the SIM back in my HTC One and it works fine.
7th January 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

8 posts
cruccr STREETS
The XT912 is Global Unlocked. You can use it on other GSM carriers outside the US only. You are stuck on Verizion inside the US.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread