Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,742 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Known hardware issues 10.1-2014

Tip us?

anthropoidape
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default Known hardware issues 10.1-2014

Hi all, is there a thread yet summarising known hardware issues? Because root on this device is irreversibly flagged, it is important for new owners to check for known hardware problems before rooting. It would suck to root your new tablet and then discover it had a common hardware issue all along.

Mine is being replaced due to the bluetooth problem; I seem to have confirmed that (at least some) suppliers are aware that this is a known hardware problem.

If there isn't already a thread on this...

If you are aware of an issue that has appeared in at least a few units of the Note 10.1-2014, could you please post in this thread (a) the issue and (b) how users can quickly tell if they have it?

Bluetooth connectivity issue - some tablets as shipped cannot maintain a connection to a bluetooth keyboard and/or mouse. In my case either a mouse or kb works fine, but the two together immediately cause significant connection drop-outs. Some people seem to have the problem even with just a keyboard though. The input device will disconnect for 1-2 seconds at random intervals and any keystrokes will be lost. Sometimes (in my case anyway) the reconnection will be imperfect, in that the tablet thinks a key is being held down when it isn't, so it produces a long string of a particular letter.

84tdan
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Multitouch bug, I have this issue.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2491690

I also had couple of dead pixels.

I'm full stock MJ6 32GB LTE

Sent from my SM-P605M using XDA Premium HD app