XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC desire HD bootloop

Tip us?

Justice™
Old
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
Well you are definitely wrong. All versions are rootable. Ruu stands for remote update utility and it is the stock firmware of the device.
You cannot flash a ruu in recovery but have to do it in fastboot. From there you can unlock the bootloader and root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I think I might've completely screwed up what I was trying to say or you may have misunderstood what I was saying. So I'm just going to refer back to what I was trying to explain in context of an older HTC device (Wildfire, in this case).

In some scenarios with the Wildfire, we were able to run an RUU and successfully roll back to a stock rom whilst retaining a S-OFF bootloader (Meaning the ability to use fastboot to flash a recovery and root using a su zip was possible). I think I was trying to say this may be possible/may occur with the DHD. Meaning that OP would just have to use fastboot to flash a recovery and an appropriate superuser zip to get root, and therefore any version would be rootable (even if he rolled back). However at this point I'm not sure if the DHD RUU's overwrite the hboot/bootloader. (I've never really felt like flashing one and I don't feel like getting another sim unlock code at this point)
HTC Desire HD
Android 4.0.4 - Sense 4.1 - SVHD 1.3.0
Bootloader unlock with htcdev

Previous devices:
  • Motorola Motoluxe XT615 (Still in my possession)
  • HTC Wildfire (Selling/Trading it in soon).

glevitan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1186

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice™ View Post
I think I might've completely screwed up what I was trying to say or you may have misunderstood what I was saying. So I'm just going to refer back to what I was trying to explain in context of an older HTC device (Wildfire, in this case).

In some scenarios with the Wildfire, we were able to run an RUU and successfully roll back to a stock rom whilst retaining a S-OFF bootloader (Meaning the ability to use fastboot to flash a recovery and root using a su zip was possible). I think I was trying to say this may be possible/may occur with the DHD. Meaning that OP would just have to use fastboot to flash a recovery and an appropriate superuser zip to get root, and therefore any version would be rootable (even if he rolled back). However at this point I'm not sure if the DHD RUU's overwrite the hboot/bootloader. (I've never really felt like flashing one and I don't feel like getting another sim unlock code at this point)
No problem man, but Hboot and S-OFF are not the same. All RUU's have partitions in them including bootloader, however nand partition is not reverted to S-ON by flashing an stock rom, unless you specifically do that. There is no risk to lose the S-OFF state by flashing a RUU.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
The Following User Says Thank You to glevitan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zinedzine
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
Well you are definitely wrong. All versions are rootable. Ruu stands for remote update utility and it is the stock firmware of the device.
You cannot flash a ruu in recovery but have to do it in fastboot. From there you can unlock the bootloader and root.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
I stand corrected Monsieur

milad192
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default ??

i dont now .......
droid_ilari Old
Thanks Meter
I didn't see mention of s-off in your question. If you are not s-off, you have to extract the rom's boot.IMG and fastboot flash it after rom installation.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

3498BoyZ
Old
Thanks Meter 115
You can install with RUU, then u can downgrade, root, s-off it with AAHK2. So it's possible to root it