Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [SOLVED] bootloop on SGH-1717

Tip us?

chingu81
Old
(Last edited by chingu81; 7th January 2014 at 03:35 PM.) Reason: Problem solved.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] [SOLVED] bootloop on SGH-1717

Hey All,

I used the Cyanogenmod Installer on my SGH-1717 everything went smoothly between the PC and Android App. I had some random restarts but nothing too bad. it was running pretty well when I took a screen shot and the next thing I know it reboots but it doesn't come out of it.

I'm not quite sure if it's a hard reboot or just soft because the screen never came back on. it's just a cycle of very quick very soft vibrations. my guess is it's power cycling. it does shows the Samsung logo if I take the battery out but it will show the logo once and then goes back to the cycling.

I can get it to boot into download mode but only for a second before the bootloop starts up again. Tried getting to recovery (volume up + power, volume up + volume down + power, and combinations of the home button in there too.) but so far no luck.

I believe the rom the Installer automatically chose was 10.1-20131101-snapshot-quincyatt. even tho I don't see that on the list it's what I remember my phone saying.

I'm trying to hook it up to my PC to reflash or restore but it's not registering. I've read the I maybe able to use a script in ADB to stop the bootloop and work it from there but I haven't had the chance to try and that's a little beyond my knowledge so I'm reading up on it.

Is this a legitimate bootloop or something worse?
any help would be greatly appreciated!

chingu81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok so after more research I'm thinking it's not a boot loop but just a stuck power button. I've taken the back off the phone and used a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol to try and clean it but still no luck. any other ideas?

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Vintage144
Old
Thanks Meter 99
Have you any backups and is cwm current?I got caught In bl about a week ago on a dirty install , to awhile to get in dl mode ,once there I managed to get in recovery, go slow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
~Motorola Moto X XT 1058~ Current (stock until BL unlock?)
~Samsung Galaxy Note II SGH-I317 - 16GB ~ retired
~Samsung Galaxy Note LTE SGH-I717 - 16GB~ retired
~Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747 - 16GB~ retired
~Acer Iconia A500~ retired
~Kindle Fire 1st Gen~ retired
~LG Optimus Pro G2~ Current

No stock here , nothing but custom! except my moto x
The Following User Says Thank You to Vintage144 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chingu81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the reply! My phone is back and running great it was a stuck power button after all. After trying to be gentle and clean it with rubbing alcohol it took some tapping from a screwdriver to get it working again. thanks for the help tho!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app