[Q] [SOLVED] bootloop on SGH-1717

OP chingu81

4th January 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hey All,

I used the Cyanogenmod Installer on my SGH-1717 everything went smoothly between the PC and Android App. I had some random restarts but nothing too bad. it was running pretty well when I took a screen shot and the next thing I know it reboots but it doesn't come out of it.

I'm not quite sure if it's a hard reboot or just soft because the screen never came back on. it's just a cycle of very quick very soft vibrations. my guess is it's power cycling. it does shows the Samsung logo if I take the battery out but it will show the logo once and then goes back to the cycling.

I can get it to boot into download mode but only for a second before the bootloop starts up again. Tried getting to recovery (volume up + power, volume up + volume down + power, and combinations of the home button in there too.) but so far no luck.

I believe the rom the Installer automatically chose was 10.1-20131101-snapshot-quincyatt. even tho I don't see that on the list it's what I remember my phone saying.

I'm trying to hook it up to my PC to reflash or restore but it's not registering. I've read the I maybe able to use a script in ADB to stop the bootloop and work it from there but I haven't had the chance to try and that's a little beyond my knowledge so I'm reading up on it.

Is this a legitimate bootloop or something worse?
any help would be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by chingu81; 7th January 2014 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
6th January 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
ok so after more research I'm thinking it's not a boot loop but just a stuck power button. I've taken the back off the phone and used a cotton swab with rubbing alcohol to try and clean it but still no luck. any other ideas?

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
6th January 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Y Σ M X
Thanks Meter: 102

802 posts
More
Have you any backups and is cwm current?I got caught In bl about a week ago on a dirty install , to awhile to get in dl mode ,once there I managed to get in recovery, go slow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Vintage144 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
More
Thanks for the reply! My phone is back and running great it was a stuck power button after all. After trying to be gentle and clean it with rubbing alcohol it took some tapping from a screwdriver to get it working again. thanks for the help tho!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread