5,599,616 Members 44,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CleanRom Questions

Tip us?

datallboy
Old
(Last edited by datallboy; 7th January 2014 at 08:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] CleanRom Questions

The question previously asked was fixed...

I'm really wondering what the difference is between stock and CleanRom, other than a few Google apps that aren't initially on the devices.

What's the point? I notice no performance boosts, there's no custom ability different from stock, everything's pretty much the same. Maybe there's a battery longevity difference.

Am I missing something here? Or should I move on and try Cyanogenmod? I liked it for Nook mostly because I hated their heavily useless UI, and I wanted stock. Now with stock, I want to customize, but I'm stumped on what I can.
Tablets

8GB Nook Tablet (Retired): Nexus 7 FHD 2013:
  • ROM: Rooted Stock
  • Kernel ElementalX 2.7
  • Build: KOT49H

Phones

Nexus 5:
  • ROM: Rooted Stock
  • Kernel ElementalX 0.34
  • Build: KOT49H

Email: datallboy@gmail.com

aarsyl
Old
Thanks Meter 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy View Post
The question previously asked was fixed...

I'm really wondering what the difference is between stock and CleanRom, other than a few Google apps that aren't initially on the devices.

What's the point? I notice no performance boosts, there's no custom ability different from stock, everything's pretty much the same. Maybe there's a battery longevity difference.

Am I missing something here? Or should I move on and try Cyanogenmod? I liked it for Nook mostly because I hated their heavily useless UI, and I wanted stock. Now with stock, I want to customize, but I'm stumped on what I can.
One thing to remember about this tablet is that everything is fast. As for CleanROM, the majority of the work was done under the hood for speed and battery. CleanROM is a heavily tweaked stock rom, no matter which device.

XPosed Framework and its modules allow for customization on this rom (and any other). You can try GravityBox and XuiMod for starters. Or, just go with CM, since it seems like you're headded into that direction anyway.