OP datallboy

7th January 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fremont, OH
Thanks Meter: 94

498 posts
Donate to Me
More
The question previously asked was fixed...

I'm really wondering what the difference is between stock and CleanRom, other than a few Google apps that aren't initially on the devices.

What's the point? I notice no performance boosts, there's no custom ability different from stock, everything's pretty much the same. Maybe there's a battery longevity difference.

Am I missing something here? Or should I move on and try Cyanogenmod? I liked it for Nook mostly because I hated their heavily useless UI, and I wanted stock. Now with stock, I want to customize, but I'm stumped on what I can.
Last edited by datallboy; 7th January 2014 at 09:19 AM.
7th January 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #2  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 772

1,917 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy

The question previously asked was fixed...

I'm really wondering what the difference is between stock and CleanRom, other than a few Google apps that aren't initially on the devices.

What's the point? I notice no performance boosts, there's no custom ability different from stock, everything's pretty much the same. Maybe there's a battery longevity difference.

Am I missing something here? Or should I move on and try Cyanogenmod? I liked it for Nook mostly because I hated their heavily useless UI, and I wanted stock. Now with stock, I want to customize, but I'm stumped on what I can.

One thing to remember about this tablet is that everything is fast. As for CleanROM, the majority of the work was done under the hood for speed and battery. CleanROM is a heavily tweaked stock rom, no matter which device.

XPosed Framework and its modules allow for customization on this rom (and any other). You can try GravityBox and XuiMod for starters. Or, just go with CM, since it seems like you're headded into that direction anyway.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread