Mirrored and upside down screen device after factory reset

Tip us?

MameTozhio
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex_Michdeandroid View Post
Well it's not mine. A friends kid got it from his mom. Don't know if it was dropped, but it was a used phone. The guy told me it was fine when he got it, but after a factory reset it flipped the screen. Don't know about the colors, haven't seen this HTC without this problem, so I only know it showing these problems. A few pictures of a normal one for reference perhaps? He didn't mention it was dropped.

It's not really important anymore, as the kid gave it back to his mother and he was promised a new one. A bit annoying, because he manages to break a phone a month and I get to try to fix them...

Verstuurd vanaf een Galaxy Nexus met CM10
fun
well the kid probably dropped it and it just took a bit for the display to go defective..
HTC One V (August 27th 2012 - August 3rd 2013, still own) -> LG Nexus 4 (August 3rd 2013 - January 11th 2014, still own) -> Nokia Lumia 520 (January 11th 2014 - present)

mr_nooby
Old
Thanks Meter 464

DONATE TO ME
If it was really just after a factory reset you can try to RUU it but it doesn't seem that way. If he dropped it I don't think it's just a display damage it's more likely something on the motherboard. Or maybe the connector unplugged a little

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Lex_Michdeandroid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
I wish I had the chance to open it up... His other phone fell in the bathtub and he then hid the phone somewhere because he was afraid he would get into trouble. Of course not taking it apart immediately and putting it on rice... His father keeps thinking the water damage is fixable...

MameTozhio
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex_Michdeandroid View Post
I wish I had the chance to open it up... His other phone fell in the bathtub and he then hid the phone somewhere because he was afraid he would get into trouble. Of course not taking it apart immediately and putting it on rice... His father keeps thinking the water damage is fixable...

how old is this kid xP
HTC One V (August 27th 2012 - August 3rd 2013, still own) -> LG Nexus 4 (August 3rd 2013 - January 11th 2014, still own) -> Nokia Lumia 520 (January 11th 2014 - present)

Lex_Michdeandroid
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MameTozhio View Post
how old is this kid xP
In my opinion not old enough to have a mobile phone. But maybe I'm the one who is getting too old.