5,598,820 Members 33,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

People complaining of echo/feedback during calls?

Tip us?

mazdamiata210
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish777 View Post
You can flash roms now...hashcode made a recovery bypass called "Safestrap" its in android development section under sticky....
And theres a few good roms out already im using "Bri" xnote rom...and it's awesome. Haven't had any issues and the battery is the same if not better, believe me...
Its very simple to root now I successfully done it with "kingo"..
And after you flash "Strapstrap" just make a backup and literally flash a rom that easy...most of questions have already been asked if your having questions around here...
I haven't been very active on here but I did see the safestrap beta... Not sure if I trust kingo root because I saw all the problems with it before. The biggest problem I had was Android OS was always using more battery than my screen time which is a problem and unusual. Happened every time I rooted, coming from a rooted note 2 I know this isn't normal at all. On stock it stays around 8-10% during the day.

A thanks is always nice if I helped

Samsung Blackjack > iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Note 1 > Note 2 (N7100) > Note 3

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1086

DONATE TO ME
I know exactly what your going through. .To be honest this note 3 has superior battery life from any device I owned I had all the note models as well...But rooting your note 3 and debloating it..is only gonna help battery dont go crazy and install a dozen useless apps and you'll be just fine...Also inverted apps and theme's and dark wallpapers help with battery as well in theory less pixels to be energized so less battery. Am getting great battery life. I'm on this all day and connected to wifi and only have to charge it once before bed which is great..lol

mazdamiata210
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I know exactly what your going through. .To be honest this note 3 has superior battery life from any device I owned I had all the note models as well...But rooting your note 3 and debloating it..is only gonna help battery dont go crazy and install a dozen useless apps and you'll be just fine...Also inverted apps and theme's and dark wallpapers help with battery as well in theory less pixels to be energized so less battery. Am getting great battery life. I'm on this all day and connected to wifi and only have to charge it once before bed which is great..lol
Well that's what I mean just rooted messed with something because I had problems every other time I rooted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Samsung Blackjack > iPhone > iPhone 3G > iPhone 3GS > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Note 1 > Note 2 (N7100) > Note 3

Gods Son
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Same here. Used Kingo to root my at&t note 3 and installed the newest safestrap. About to debloat my phone with a script that's on here. Wish me luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mazdamiata210
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My echo went away using the bri xnote rom ..volume levels are higher now as well..hope this helps
So I rooted, went to x-note and the rom works great... One day callers complain about echo and the next they don't, so it's still a problem it seems.

pjminn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Lightbulb I think I might know the reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdamiata210 View Post
Pretty much every time I make a phone call I have people complaining about feedback they're hearing or an echo of what they're saying to me. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is my phone defective?
The note 3 has multiple microphones so it can cancel out back ground noise. It expects that your voice will be mainly be picked up by the lower microphone next to the USB port. If you sometimes block that microphone with something like your hand, you will mess up the noise canceling algorithms which could result in the echo. Try blocking and then unblocking that lower microphone with your hand and see if you can make the echo appear and then disappear for the caller. My guess is you will find the source of your echo.
Good luck.
ATT Skyrocket, ROM: Embryo 5.1, Radio: UCLF6, Kernel: CYMBALINE-RD03-2.6

mazdamiata210
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 273

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjminn View Post
The note 3 has multiple microphones so it can cancel out back ground noise. It expects that your voice will be mainly be picked up by the lower microphone next to the USB port. If you sometimes block that microphone with something like your hand, you will mess up the noise canceling algorithms which could result in the echo. Try blocking and then unblocking that lower microphone with your hand and see if you can make the echo appear and then disappear for the caller. My guess is you will find the source of your echo.
Good luck.
Doesn't matter I try holding my phone with 2 fingers on the sides not covering anything or even just putting it down on my desk and it still echoes.... Noticed now it's not doing it on speaker phone only with the ear piece which doesn't make much sense.

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1086

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjminn View Post
Good luck.
Funny you say that.....For the longest time I heard alot of people say I sound muffled. And about a month ago I realized I kept holding my phone and my pinkie finger was over the mic..lol....But you are right about the mic and the back ground noise..I usually get the echo effect every now and then,mostly when I'm using WiFi...I'm wondering if it's in the phone "settings" disabling background noise will help solve this echo effect? .

wish777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1086

DONATE TO ME
What exactly do you think this option will do unchecked..in phone settings?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389110704330.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	2500341