5,597,501 Members 31,833 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unfortunately, camera has stopped responding (4.4.2)

Tip us?

banana100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Unfortunately, camera has stopped responding (4.4.2)

Hi,
I was previously using LiquidSmooth's ROM (Android 4.3). My camera was working fine until one day it started to bug out on me. I am able to use the front camera fine. However, I was unable to use the rear camera, getting a black screen and saying "Gallery has stopped responding". I googled some solutions and tried transferring all my pictures onto my laptop and deleted it off the memory. Unfortunately, it still did not work. I flashed Paranoid Android's 4.4.2 ROM (Dec 26) and GAPPS 4.4.2 (Dec 15) and now the error message I am getting is "Unfortunately, CAMERA has stopped responding" (bold for the difference between previous error). Help please?

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2324

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like there may be corrupt firmware was flashed for the camera at some point. I believe, flashing Stock firmware should clear it.

If you had already flashed Stock 4.3 Firmware (UVDUEJ ) then flash that again. If you had UVDMD5 before all this then re-flash that one.

banana100
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Sounds like there may be corrupt firmware was flashed for the camera at some point. I believe, flashing Stock firmware should clear it.

If you had already flashed Stock 4.3 Firmware (UVDUEJ ) then flash that again. If you had UVDMD5 before all this then re-flash that one.
Sorry for the late reply. I used ODIN and flashed the stock firmware. However, opening the camera now just says "Camera failed". Previously, I was able to use the front camera in apps like Snapchat but now the front camera does not work either. Both cameras just display a black screen.