5,595,760 Members 38,425 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrade to KitKat

Tip us?
 
manudo
Old
#1  
manudo's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 413
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Quesada
Default [Q] Upgrade to KitKat

Hello, guys, nice to be part of this forum.
Got my Moto G today and I was wondering if this phone has the latest version of KitKat and how I can flash it?
Sorry for posting like this it's just I don't have an idea how this phone works with updates, flashing and that stuff, I just got it today! D:
Thanks in advance and happy new year! (kinda late)
Can I get legal issues if I name a custom ROM like "Jelly Beans (sweetened with Splenda)"? Serious question. D:

Moto G (Stock KitKat 4.4.2)
Xperia Sola (Paranoid Android 1.6 - 4.0.4 ICS)

Currently busy because of college works and stuff, so I afk, sorry folks.
 
gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 5th January 2014 at 09:20 AM.)
#2  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2534
Posts: 7,181
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Heerlen
Quote:
Originally Posted by manudo View Post
Hello, guys, nice to be part of this forum.
Got my Moto G today and I was wondering if this phone has the latest version of KitKat and how I can flash it?
Sorry for posting like this it's just I don't have an idea how this phone works with updates, flashing and that stuff, I just got it today! D:
Thanks in advance and happy new year! (kinda late)
You have 2 options:
1. Wait for the official update OTA for your device to come
2. Flash the US rom and the KK OTA from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578997 and follow the guide to the letter if you want it asap.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
 
manudo
Old
#3  
manudo's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 413
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Quesada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
You have 2 options:
1. Wait for the official update OTA for your device to come
2. Flash the US rom and the KK OTA from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578997 and follow the guide to the letter if you want it asap.
Updated to 4.4.2 two hours ago, from the OTA, thanks anyway.
Can I get legal issues if I name a custom ROM like "Jelly Beans (sweetened with Splenda)"? Serious question. D:

Moto G (Stock KitKat 4.4.2)
Xperia Sola (Paranoid Android 1.6 - 4.0.4 ICS)

Currently busy because of college works and stuff, so I afk, sorry folks.
 
djp090
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by manudo View Post
Updated to 4.4.2 two hours ago, from the OTA, thanks anyway.
Are you from Spain? Which carrier? Free MOTO G?
 
manudo
Old
#5  
manudo's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 413
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Quesada
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp090 View Post
Are you from Spain? Which carrier? Free MOTO G?
Costa Rica, got my phone from Motorola in the US.
Can I get legal issues if I name a custom ROM like "Jelly Beans (sweetened with Splenda)"? Serious question. D:

Moto G (Stock KitKat 4.4.2)
Xperia Sola (Paranoid Android 1.6 - 4.0.4 ICS)

Currently busy because of college works and stuff, so I afk, sorry folks.
Tags
android, flash, kitkat, moto g, update
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes