Tethering not working

Tip us?

PopperJuan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default Tethering not working

My little brother has a moto g and my girlfriend has a nexus 5, they both use the 30 monthly t mobile plan and tethering does not work at all, it takes them straight the the t mobile log in page, We all live in the US and in the 30 dollar plan, tethering is included for free, my little brothers old phone allowed tethering , and that phone was a t mobile phone, not unlocked, so any ideas on the issue.
And is there a fix that does not require root, they dont want me to root there phones yet

gee2012
Old
(Last edited by gee2012; 6th January 2014 at 01:58 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2534
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopperJuan View Post
My little brother has a moto g and my girlfriend has a nexus 5, they both use the 30 monthly t mobile plan and tethering does not work at all, it takes them straight the the t mobile log in page, We all live in the US and in the 30 dollar plan, tethering is included for free, my little brothers old phone allowed tethering , and that phone was a t mobile phone, not unlocked, so any ideas on the issue.
And is there a fix that does not require root, they dont want me to root there phones yet
Try this app for instance https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.tether&hl=nl, there are more available on Google Play that don`t require root.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue

PopperJuan
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012 View Post
Try this app for instance https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...a.tether&hl=nl, there are more available on Google Play that don`t require root.
Well I need something that can connect to ipods and tablets as well.. There has to be a reason why it doesn't work... The tether turns on it just doesn't function correctly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
"To live and die in LA"
Devices : Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
About me: I dance and code

dtsm888
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Works here

I have the US 16gb model and now at office where there is no TMO signal -- only wifi is available. I shut off wifi on iPad and was able to successfully tether off the Moto G hotspot using bluetooth connection. It took a couple of times to pair the two devices but once linked, downloaded some emails, checked internet blogs, etc.

When I get home tonight, will try using just data service. I only have 500 mb limit before they throttle down on speed so curious how fast the connection will be.

DigitalSnow
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default TMobile Simple Choice Plan Tethering

No issues (so far) with tethering on my Moto G using TMobile Simple Choice Plan.

neugenusis
Old
Thanks Meter 49
OP, try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=tethering

dtsm888
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsm888 View Post
When I get home tonight, will try using just data service. I only have 500 mb limit before they throttle down on speed so curious how fast the connection will be.
Solid connection and skype audio worked perfectly.