Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] 0 sim unlock tries left! Anything I can do to unlock?

OP gohabs93

7th January 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6

97 posts
More
Hi there,

I bought a Sony Xperia Z1 from kijiji (like graiglist) and when I came to unlock it, I released I couldn't. After going to the service menu, I realized that there are no attempts left!

I called the carrier Bell and they said they cant unlock it since it has not been 90 days since the day of purchase.

Is there anything I can? If I unlock the bootloader, will it reset the counter?

Thanks!
7th January 2014, 07:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 46

259 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs93

Is there anything I can? If I unlock the bootloader, will it reset the counter?

No, sim locking is unrelated to the bootloader lock. I would look in other forums and Google at large, this isn't an Xperia issue and someone else will have run into it.
7th January 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 146

335 posts
More
Ouch, thats very bad. That son of a gun screwed up and decided to sell his phone via kijiji. There are a lot of scumbags out there, thats why I always check unlock attempts (via phone service menu) and also check whether the device is stolen or not (Protect your Data by CTIA)

As for your problem I'm not sure what you could do at this point. Best way is to contact Sony CC.
7th January 2014, 06:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6

97 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinkhan

Ouch, thats very bad. That son of a gun screwed up and decided to sell his phone via kijiji. There are a lot of scumbags out there, thats why I always check unlock attempts (via phone service menu) and also check whether the device is stolen or not (Protect your Data by CTIA)

As for your problem I'm not sure what you could do at this point. Best way is to contact Sony CC.

I had checked if the device is stolen but not for the attempts. Sony wont do anything about. I thought maybe I could flash a new firmware and that would give me an extra attempt.

Thank tou.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread