Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 39,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 0 sim unlock tries left! Anything I can do to unlock?

Tip us?

gohabs93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] 0 sim unlock tries left! Anything I can do to unlock?

Hi there,

I bought a Sony Xperia Z1 from kijiji (like graiglist) and when I came to unlock it, I released I couldn't. After going to the service menu, I realized that there are no attempts left!

I called the carrier Bell and they said they cant unlock it since it has not been 90 days since the day of purchase.

Is there anything I can? If I unlock the bootloader, will it reset the counter?

Thanks!

xasbo
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohabs93 View Post
Is there anything I can? If I unlock the bootloader, will it reset the counter?
No, sim locking is unrelated to the bootloader lock. I would look in other forums and Google at large, this isn't an Xperia issue and someone else will have run into it.

ruinkhan
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Ouch, thats very bad. That son of a gun screwed up and decided to sell his phone via kijiji. There are a lot of scumbags out there, thats why I always check unlock attempts (via phone service menu) and also check whether the device is stolen or not (Protect your Data by CTIA)

As for your problem I'm not sure what you could do at this point. Best way is to contact Sony CC.
Hit Thanks if my post was useful (most of them are not )
Noob's Paradise - I know you have a question, this should answer it

gohabs93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruinkhan View Post
Ouch, thats very bad. That son of a gun screwed up and decided to sell his phone via kijiji. There are a lot of scumbags out there, thats why I always check unlock attempts (via phone service menu) and also check whether the device is stolen or not (Protect your Data by CTIA)

As for your problem I'm not sure what you could do at this point. Best way is to contact Sony CC.

I had checked if the device is stolen but not for the attempts. Sony wont do anything about. I thought maybe I could flash a new firmware and that would give me an extra attempt.

Thank tou.