[Request] OmniROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200

OP zombiezoom

7th January 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 30

74 posts
More
I have a request if you don't mind.. I BEG you to please add Samsung Galaxy tab 7 Plus P6200 to your devices Only one developer in the all of XDA and the whole world is currently supporting the tablet. Please, consider this tablet as it's so good but no one seems to care about it!
7th January 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #2  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,495

13,382 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiezoom

I have a request if you don't mind.. I BEG you to please add Samsung Galaxy tab 7 Plus P6200 to your devices Only one developer in the all of XDA and the whole world is currently supporting the tablet. Please, consider this tablet as it's so good but no one seems to care about it!

No, it's not good. It's a developer's nightmare thanks to Samsung's closed-source wifi driver and a number of other reasons - even moreso than other Exynos4 devices.

Nearly everyone that was working with the device last year ditched it. Numerous others (including myself) avoided it like the plague once we heard about the wifi driver fiasco.
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 30

74 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

No, it's not good. It's a developer's nightmare thanks to Samsung's closed-source wifi driver and a number of other reasons - even moreso than other Exynos4 devices.

Nearly everyone that was working with the device last year ditched it. Numerous others (including myself) avoided it like the plague once we heard about the wifi driver fiasco.

Well, thanks for your quick reply and for clarifying things for me
I hope I'd replace it with a Nexus 7 soon.
Oh, and thanks a lot for your awesome work on OmniROM. I've tried Daniel's port of your amazing rom but of course it's still under development and pretty much unstable.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread