Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Request] OmniROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200

Tip us?

zombiezoom
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default [Request] OmniROM for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus P6200

I have a request if you don't mind.. I BEG you to please add Samsung Galaxy tab 7 Plus P6200 to your devices Only one developer in the all of XDA and the whole world is currently supporting the tablet. Please, consider this tablet as it's so good but no one seems to care about it!

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,366

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiezoom View Post
I have a request if you don't mind.. I BEG you to please add Samsung Galaxy tab 7 Plus P6200 to your devices Only one developer in the all of XDA and the whole world is currently supporting the tablet. Please, consider this tablet as it's so good but no one seems to care about it!
No, it's not good. It's a developer's nightmare thanks to Samsung's closed-source wifi driver and a number of other reasons - even moreso than other Exynos4 devices.

Nearly everyone that was working with the device last year ditched it. Numerous others (including myself) avoided it like the plague once we heard about the wifi driver fiasco.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zombiezoom
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
No, it's not good. It's a developer's nightmare thanks to Samsung's closed-source wifi driver and a number of other reasons - even moreso than other Exynos4 devices.

Nearly everyone that was working with the device last year ditched it. Numerous others (including myself) avoided it like the plague once we heard about the wifi driver fiasco.
Well, thanks for your quick reply and for clarifying things for me
I hope I'd replace it with a Nexus 7 soon.
Oh, and thanks a lot for your awesome work on OmniROM. I've tried Daniel's port of your amazing rom but of course it's still under development and pretty much unstable.