Sub $200 Inew V3 MTK6582 720P Screen Sony 13MP Sensor Android 4.2.2 Smartphone Thread

Search This thread

kjartanm

Dec 28, 2006
GPS and NFC test

I did a proper GPS test with my new iNew v3-E phone. Airplane mode on, outside my office.

As you can see, a proper fix in around 30 seconds. The GPS starts as soon as Mobile Uncle is started, so we get a 31904 ms fix. I then do a cold start, and as you can see, using the data from last time, a fix obtained in around 10 seconds. In practical use, this works great inside my car and with CoPilot.

I´ve also done a small test of the iNew v3 NFC reader. As the video show, it works with NFC stickers, but not my unknown brand NFC cards (these all works with the HTC One X). Beaming from both Samsung s3 and HTC One X works great. (Not in the movie)

I did some low light street photos on my way to work, and I´ll post them as soon as the dropbox is synced.

adimavi

Jun 7, 2012
Istanbul
ROM update: http://www.needrom.com/mobile/inew-v3-e/
There is info that it solves OTG problem
I'm trying to install update.zip through CWM and getting Error getprop("ro.product.device") ==

Is anybody tried with success?

Try to download it 4th time :laugh:

When download it will update firmware then answer your question.

Edit: Flash tool (tried 3 versions) didn't download the firmware. update.zip getting the same Error, so i couldn't load the new firmware.

Last edited:

croxley

Jan 23, 2009
This phone has 2 sim card slots can both sims do 3G. I need to use this in United kingdom can insert 2 sim cards which are 3G or is it only GSM on one 3G on another? Has someone taken photos what quality are they?

Burs

Oct 24, 2012
Thanks for this information. Can someone who has this phone give opinions if it is a good phone to buy or not so good?

But note that only one SIM card slot is micro, so it might potentially be a limitation regarding to 3G. But there are simple ways to get around SIM slots incompatibility.

Reactions: croxley

kjartanm

Dec 28, 2006
Thanks for this information. Can someone who has this phone give opinions if it is a good phone to buy or not so good?

After one day of usage, I find it better than the iOcean X7 (my other newer China phone reference). Value for money compared to what´s available in Norway is great. Photo quality (lens ++) is a tad bit better compared to iOcean x7. In low light, it gains the ISO. That means usable but grainy images without flash. For me, an actual working GPS is a winner. The screen is great, compared to the HTC One X, I got no complaints. I use Aviate as launcher, and after installing the my normal set of apps, I haven´t had any "Oh, this is slow / low memory" moments, but then again - one day of usage. Call quality is OK, no complaints from the calls I´ve made today. Both outside and at the office. Bluetooth with bose soundlink 2 works great, it has even built in EQ. Rooting and adding gravitybox will probably be a good thing to tweak the little things.

As I don´t have enough posts yet, I´m not able to post sample images. Will do as soon as possible.

Hopefully you will have some input from some of the people who has used it for some weeks.

Reactions: croxley

croxley

Jan 23, 2009
But note that only one SIM card slot is micro, so it might potentially be a limitation regarding to 3G. But there are simple ways to get around SIM slots incompatibility.

Might have to get sim card cutter from ebay.

After one day of usage, I find it better than the iOcean X7 (my other newer China phone reference). Value for money compared to what´s available in Norway is great. Photo quality (lens ++) is a tad bit better compared to iOcean x7. In low light, it gains the ISO. That means usable but grainy images without flash. For me, an actual working GPS is a winner. The screen is great, compared to the HTC One X, I got no complaints. I use Aviate as launcher, and after installing the my normal set of apps, I haven´t had any "Oh, this is slow / low memory" moments, but then again - one day of usage. Call quality is OK, no complaints from the calls I´ve made today. Both outside and at the office. Bluetooth with bose soundlink 2 works great, it has even built in EQ. Rooting and adding gravitybox will probably be a good thing to tweak the little things.

As I don´t have enough posts yet, I´m not able to post sample images. Will do as soon as possible.

Hopefully you will have some input from some of the people who has used it for some weeks.

Thank you for this information. It looks like a good phone for the price they are charging.

Burs

Oct 24, 2012
Would love to know if i will be able to get a hard case for this phone?

Mod Edit: commercial links removed, but IMHO, it's ugly and a bit pricey.

The RAM is 1 GB but only usable max the half of these, am I right?

Where did you get that from? It's true that Android sometimes shows only few hundreds of MB's free on 1GB devices, but that doesn't mean the remaining memory is allocated by other apps. The cached data is also counted as allocated memory, but as soon as other apps request more memory, the cache memory is freed up. Windows works the similar way, but it doesn't count cached memory as allocated.

How to root this phone?

Check this post. There's also another (older, harder, more complicated) way that can be found on the same forum, but you'll be stuck with KingUser, which imho is not a problem. I still haven't rooted the phone, but if you do, please post the results.

Last edited by a moderator:

ztm

Feb 11, 2008

Hello kjartanm!

Wanna buy this phone to my wife. Does it have PlayStore installed? Can you please confirm that hungarian (magyar) language is available under language settings? I could not find any info on this neither on inewmobile.com nor on Goophone homepage. But on minideal or pandawill the language is listed inside the specs. Don't know whom to believe.

I think Goophone is the manufacturer (Google gives some hits on this) and Inew is a chinese clone of a chinese phone :confused:. Be it either way, I think it's still a good phone that will worth the money.

Burs

Oct 24, 2012
Does it have PlayStore installed? Can you please confirm that hungarian (magyar) language is available under language settings? I could not find any info on this neither on inewmobile.com nor on Goophone homepage. But on minideal or pandawill the language is listed inside the specs. Don't know whom to believe.

I think Goophone is the manufacturer (Google gives some hits on this) and Inew is a chinese clone of a chinese phone :confused:. Be it either way, I think it's still a good phone that will worth the money.

Google Play is preinstalled.
Hungarian language is supported.
Goophone is not the same smartphone (it is single-SIM only, V3 has dual-SIM support).
iNew is not a "chineese clone of a chineese phone". It's a legitimate company that makes its own phones.
Goophone is a clone company. Google = goo, iPhone = phone, goophone... get it? They even name their models like i5S to reflect the iPhone models name.

ztm

Feb 11, 2008
Google Play is preinstalled.
Hungarian language is supported.
Goophone is not the same smartphone (it is single-SIM only, V3 has dual-SIM support).
iNew is not a "chineese clone of a chineese phone". It's a legitimate company that makes its own phones.
Goophone is a clone company. Google = goo, iPhone = phone, goophone... get it? They even name their models like i5S to reflect the iPhone models name.

Thank you Burs for quick reply! Really appreciate your help and thanks for making this inew-Goophone who-is-cloning-who making clear for me. Gone buying to eBay.

Burs

Oct 24, 2012
Thank you Burs for quick reply! Really appreciate your help and thanks for making this inew-Goophone who-is-cloning-who making clear for me. Gone buying to eBay.

eBay is an excellent online store, but I would recommend Chineese webshops since they are cheaper. Many of them supports PayPal too, so you're safe with them too. And iNew sellers on eBay also make shipment from China, so the package will arrive in about the same time. You also have a Thanks button on the left which is the best thanking to someone :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NeXT week if all goes well i will start making customs rom fore this phone an make an custom recovery
    0g1O7Np.png

wIduytd.png

GRvWQ7K.png

pOl6MHH.png

lQ6C23l.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Brand & Model Inew V3
    High performance quad core MTK6582 1.3GHz processor
    RAM: 1GB, ROM: 16GB
    HD 5.0" multi-point capacitive touch screen with 1280*720 resolution
    Support NFC,OTG,Gyroscope Sensor
    8.0 mm thin body
    Android 4.2 operating system to download apps
    5.0MP front camera and 13.0 MP CMOS rear camera
    Supports Wi-Fi, G-sensor, Bluetooth, GPS and FM radio
    SIM1:Micro sim cards;SIM2:eek:rdinary SIM Card,Dual standby
    Phone Standard GSM, WCDMA
    GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
    SMS, MMS and group messages
    Language Bahasa Indonesian, Bahasa Melayu, German, English, Spanish, Filipino,
    French, Italian, Magyar, Dutch, Polish, Portugues (Brasil), Portugues (Portugal),
    Vietnamese, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Hebrew, Arab, Thai, Korean, Chinese (simp), Chinese(trad)
    Bluetooth V4.0
    Supported Audio Formats MP3, MIDI, AMR, AAC, WAV
    Supported Video Formats MP4, 3GP, WMV, AVI
    Operating System Android 4.2.2
    CPU MTK6582 quad core 1.3GHz
    GPU ARM Mali 400-MP2 500MHz
    Camera Front camera:5.0 mega pixels, rear camera: 13.0 mega CMOS color pixels,Flash light
    Java Supported NO
    TV NO
    FM Radio Supported Yes
    Wi-Fi Yes,802.11b/g/n
    GPS Supported Yes (map is not included)
    OTG Yes
    OTA NO
    NFC Yes
    MHL NO
    Fast Charge NO
    Built-in Games NO
    Data Interface Mini USB 5pin
    Earphone Interface 3.5 mm
    Talk time: 120-150 (Unit:Mins)
    Standby time: 120-180 (Unit:Hour)
    Proxy-sensor Support
    Light-sensor Support
    G-sensor Support
    Gyroscope Sensor Support
    Compass Sensor Support
    Temperature Sensor NO
    Humidity Sensor NO
    Barometer Sensor NO
    Gesture Sensor Support
    Memory
    Built-in Memory RAM: 1GB, ROM: 16GB
    Card Slot Support micro SD(T-Flash)32G
    Card Included N/A
    Screen
    Touch Screen 5 Point Capacitive Multi Touch Display / OGS
    Size of Display 5.0"
    Type of Display HD
    Resolution 1280*720
    Battery & Power
    Battery 1830 mAh battery
    Charger 100-240V

Sooooo whats peoples thoughts on this phone?? Its under $200!
    Going to sell my B6000 and grab one of these :)
    The Processor is cheap allowing better components like NFC and Sony Camera, I hear Inew release updates directly on their website as well ;)

INFO AND REVIEWS -

Video Review PT1

Video Review PT2

10 Min Video About Phone (Music Warning!)

iNew V3 Preview and iNew Brand Review!
    http://gizbeat.com/2751/inew-v3-preview-and-inew-brand-review/

ROMS -

Coming Soon.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOOLS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update your internal system storage to 6GB. This will leave you with 8GB phone storage.

http://ge.tt/6Ibk6wC1

Flash with SP Flash Tool or use SD Update through custom recovery. EBR by Chinaphonearena. SD Update script by zatycz.

First working CWM Recovery
    http://ge.tt/78LVdYB1/v/0?c
    (Add the .img and scatter in spflash)
    DO NOT factory reset with this recovery, it formats /system which then will soft brick your phone.

If you must factory reset, make a backup first to SD through this recovery. Then after factory reset, select 'advanced restore', then choose "/system". Please share this with any forum you see this recovery posted.
    I saw a lot of people asking for someone with good battery results. Here are two screenshots of my battery charts.
    It will look Greek to you because are in Greek!
    At that moment there were 4% remaining after 21hours and 41 minutes and the screen was on 2hours and 30 minutes. Also wifi was always on, 3g always on, 2 sim cards, 3 e-mail accounts synchronizing every half hour through aqua email app, geolacator on for the weather widget and viber and Facebook are also activated. And I do not know how many of my apps wasting battery power.
    The seven hours of the 21:40 was night hours cause I was sleeping but I think everyone does, right?

My experience is that for an average day is more than enough. I wish the battery will last for a 20% more for providing enough power for a heavy day.
    Update your internal system storage to 6GB. This will leave you with 8GB phone storage.

http://ge.tt/6Ibk6wC1

Flash with SP Flash Tool or use SD Update through custom recovery. EBR by me. SD Update script by zatycz.
    Added 3.5GB data partition (same link as previous) http://ge.tt/6Ibk6wC1 . This will give you about 3.5GB internal system storage and 10.5GB phone storage. Should be about perfect for anyone who installs a lot of apps, but doesn't play Gameloft games. The 6GB version remains as well.