Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

Search This thread

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
Its nothing official, the twitter account is registered as news-bringer regaring Micromax, but not aflliated with it.
Its a leaked image wich shows micromax models with mt6589 will run Android KitKat.

Due to the mt6577 also beiing in that list, I doubt this will be brought by cooperation from MediaTek but they builded it themselves.
Makes it harder to believe its true and not someone who faked it too.

Lets wait and see.
Since that guy have connections (or work) with Micromax.

Also its an known fact that OEM's sometimes buy sourcecode (or request it) to Mediatek, to build their own ROMs.

An good example is my ZTE device. Officially we got stuck with The official ICS ROM (from all Vendors) , BUT ZTE Indonesia released their own JB 4.1.1 pre-release ROM (with 3.4.0 kernel). They never gave an ROM update on their page, instead They asked owners to go The store for an software update, and The last batch of (Indonesian) devices already had The JB out of The box.
Then an guy made an CWM dump of The ROM, and thanks to him, we all got that Pre-released JB 4.1.1 ;)

Another example is The OEM AMOI, The released The Update to JB 4.2.2, with The new kernel 3.4.5 (for the amoi n820/n821) this was also the only OEM (with an MT6577 SoC) that released this new OS update.

All The 4.2.2 ROMs for this SoC are ports of The Amoi release, luckly we managed to port this ROM, using The old 3.4.0 kernel... This was an community effort ;)

And we also got The FAEA case, they requested The sourcecode to Mediatek to build their own CM .

So i think its pretty obvious that OEM's have The last word, concerning OS updates. (It's all an question of how much $ are they willing to spent)

Regards

Last edited:

KopiJahe

Jun 25, 2010
Pasuruan
An good example is my ZTE device. Officially we got stuck with The official ICS ROM (from all Vendors) , BUT ZTE Indonesia released their own JB 4.1.1 pre-release ROM (with 3.4.0 kernel). They never gave an ROM update on their page, instead They asked owners to go The store for an software update, and The last batch of (Indonesian) devices already had The JB out of The box.
Then an guy made an CWM dump of The ROM, and thanks to him, we all got that Pre-released JB 4.1.1 ;)
ZTE Indonesia also updates N986 from using 2 internal data partition (/data and /sdcard ) to datamedia layout
This usually referenced as rom 1.0.x and 2.0.x

You won't find this on their website, you have to go to the store (in this case, my phone carrier store, smartfren) to update

I wrote a tutorial to manually upgrade the phone by yourself here. (your phone will be locked to our carrier if you flash this rom, but of course there's workaround to unlock it :D )

Some of my friends asked ZTE for any news on kitkat update, and they said, that because they didn't sell anything directly to end-user, they not eligible to release an update, that it's up to our carrier/region distributor wether they want it or not.

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
ZTE Indonesia also updates N986 from using 2 internal data partition (/data and /sdcard ) to datamedia layout
This usually referenced as rom 1.0.x and 2.0.x

You won't find this on their website, you have to go to the store (in this case, my phone carrier store, smartfren) to update

I wrote a tutorial to manually upgrade the phone by yourself here. (your phone will be locked to our carrier if you flash this rom, but of course there's workaround to unlock it :D )

Some of my friends asked ZTE for any news on kitkat update, and they said, that because they didn't sell anything directly to end-user, they not eligible to release an update, that it's up to our carrier/region distributor wether they want it or not.

Hi
Thanks for that info ;)

Regards ;)

Last edited:

bundysoat

Apr 22, 2011
How goes the development to port cm to mediatek devices?

Enviado desde mi Lenovo P780 mediante Tapatalk

spikywits

Nov 20, 2010
showstopper1 said:
It should be true because the wammy passionx mobiles are at present releasing with kitkat,they announced that the existing device holders will get kitkat from Jan 14th.

The device has mt6589t with 1gb ram.

I think MMX is porting 4.4 from this device as they did for their past os updates to jb.

http://www.bgr.in/news/wickedleak-an...itkat-support/

Looks exacly like the iOcean X7.
Looking down the specs, this is a rebrand of the iOcean X7 Plus.
Im not sure if the firmwares are exactly the same or modified, but porting should be possible then..

That is absolutely scam. The wickedleak is the biggest cheaters of all. I was one among many who was stunned by the announcement of kitkat for their mobiles and also ordered one but only realized later that in their terms kitkat means - use kitkat ui, launchers, etc and update build.prop. :mad:

Reactions: kashifmin

voetbalremco

Inactive Recognized Developer
That is absolutely scam. The wickedleak is the biggest cheaters of all. I was one among many who was stunned by the announcement of kitkat for their mobiles and also ordered one but only realized later that in their terms kitkat means - use kitkat ui, launchers, etc and update build.prop. :mad:

Yes indeed, after I posted it someone else already replied in another thread that its a scam, and they just released the look of 4.4, but not actual android 4.4.

qmobilea2

Mar 12, 2013
karachi
www.mgeeky.com
Hello everyone,
I want to know that complete source with drivers of mt6575 available for MT6575??
If yes then kindly give me a link to there :)

Sent from my A2 using xda app-developers app

UnNaMeD__

Hello everyone,
I want to know that complete source with drivers of mt6575 available for MT6575??
If yes then kindly give me a link to there :)

Sent from my A2 using xda app-developers app

<Off topic sorry>

Dude seems you are developer and qmobile user. I use Qmobile Noir A10. I was flashed many roms and kernels. But know I noticed a problem. My phone only works with ZonG with others sim cards no signal. Can you pm me solution please?

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
So there is hope for us? :)

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk

showstopper1

xplodwild did it !

Kitkat booting on MT6589 ;)

https://mobile.twitter.com/xplodwild/status/419853491684012032/photo/1?screen_name=xplodwild

https://mobile.twitter.com/xplodwild/
status/419853491684012032/photo/1?screen_name=xp
lodwild

Regards

Yes he also fixed the network issued the ril is working.

https://mobile.twitter.com/xplodwild/status/420623328697917440?screen_name=xplodwild

Sent from my A250 LegoIce™_Turbo using xda app-developers app

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt
This is a real image?

The future possibly port Kitkat to someone smartphones.

Hi

Yes its REAL. lol

This is one of the OMNI ROM Head developers.

Also he is an Elite Recognizer Developer here on xda, he worked a lot on CyanogenMod being the maintainer for several devices...

His also the creator of the "focal" app, the Opensource camera app...

Regards

Last edited:

voetbalremco

Hi

Yes its REAL. lol

Also he is an Elite Recognizer Developer here on xda, he worked a lot on CyanogenMod being the maintainer for several devices...

Regards

Well, that looks promising ;)
Now lets wait till its more stable and till he releases it, so it can be ported to other mt6589 devices as well..

showstopper1

Now lets wait till its more stable and till he releases it, so it can be ported to other mt6589 devices as well..

Can it be ported? Well however the omni Rom will have its own kernel right? Is it possible to make it boot on other devices? @superdragonpt brother as you are a recognised dev for the mt6577,is it possible to port omni to mt6577 I'm asking this because now I'm able to port mt6589 roms to my canvas2 and that has happened because Amoi released the 4.2 kernel for its mt6577 device,so my doubt is that will omni Rom boot on mt6577 or it needs a 4.4 kernel specifically made for mt6577?

voetbalremco

Can it be ported? Well however the omni Rom will have its own kernel right? Is it possible to make it boot on other devices? @superdragonpt brother as you are a recognised dev for the mt6577,is it possible to port omni to mt6577 I'm asking this because now I'm able to port mt6589 roms to my canvas2 and that has happened because Amoi released the 4.2 kernel for its mt6577 device,so my doubt is that will omni Rom boot on mt6577 or it needs a 4.4 kernel specifically made for mt6577?

I whas talking about mt6589, wich should be fine to port I guess.
Wheter mt6577 also works, im not sure.

Reactions: showstopper1

bundysoat

Apr 22, 2011
Hi

Yes its REAL. lol

Regards

That is a GREAT NOTICE!

I expect that this developer get a stable ROM.... LENOVO P780 has mt6589.

superdragonpt

Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2013
Lisbon / Taiwan / USA
www.caixamagica.pt

If all goes well, we should get some OMNI rom builds for different MT6589 devices, since the source code he got from Oppo got alot of extras (unused) drivers... just like some MT6577 sources, so it should be just an mater of changing config files.

The most important thing is getting some devices maintainers after the release of the first source on Jenkins

MT6589 ports to MT6577 are not that great, they are not bug free as you know, we'll need to wait and see ;)

Regards

Last edited:

arnabbiswasalsodeep

Jan 26, 2013
Mumbai
Well when mt6577 is included, I would like to ask can we port to mt6575 from mt6577??
It was like mt6575t but due to cores they thought it should be in its own so they named mt6577. So everything like socket and cores are same so we just need to disable 1 core in the kernel right?
Correct me if i m wrong but i think it's possible

→→→★★★Press :highfive: Thanks :good: If helped! └(^o^)┘★★★←←←

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, We are going to try something new for our china phones - cyanogenmod.

But we need some more devs to get everything going.

For now we have:

-Github tree for Lenovo P700i(mediatek 6577, android 4.0.4, kernel 3.0.8)

-Lens_flare - original port author(may work with system folder and configs)

-some kernel source from other devices like liquid gallant

The main problem is getting adb to work that could help a lot on remaining development. For now even zygote not starting, but all partitions seems mounted successfully.

We need more devs (especially that could assemble working kernel for device), working with p700i may lead to following porting for other mtk devices, as sources are nearly the same.
    Lollipop on MT6577

Hi there .

Just to let you know, that lollipop is now booting on ZTE v970 [MT6577- w/ ComBo-Chip MT6620]
    With my custom 3.4.67 KK Kernel + some cherry-picks from the new MTK 3.10.54 LL Kernel

Still very early, baseband is recognized , but still needs a lot more work on Telephony, Platform, etc.

;)

Regards
    More progress on this one: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2467400

I have 3G data and incoming voice calls working now.

Next: kitkat.

Chris

Please hit the thx button. And please thank also dr shadow and xplodwild from omnirom.
    KitKat Sources MT6582 / 6592

Since my Cloud host, removed the sources,that i uploaded twice

Using MEGA now, should be on for some days..

Edit: no more source leaks, noobies will always be noobies
    I won't be sharing more source stuff

Learn to comply with GPL and respect others

Regards
    I'm working now since 1 day on CM13 and here the first screenshot on mt6592 :).