[Q] Superuser update

Tip us?

manudo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimp208 View Post
This is correct, plus any resources included in the .zip package. It's essential that you preserve the directory structure of the .zip package in your custom ROM .zip package in order for the updater-script to execute properly. For example if the updater package .zip includes a /system folder your custom ROM .zip package must include the /system folder with the resources from the updater .zip package as well as whatever resources your custom ROM needs. Let me know if you need me to clarify or explain this further.
Yeah, I have to place the other files in the directory as the update zip is, example:
update.zip/system/app/
rom/system/app
Can I get legal issues if I name a custom ROM like "Jelly Beans (sweetened with Splenda)"? Serious question. D:

Moto G (Stock KitKat 4.4.2)
Xperia Sola (Paranoid Android 1.6 - 4.0.4 ICS)

Currently busy because of college works and stuff, so I afk, sorry folks.

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1332

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by manudo View Post
Yeah, I have to place the other files in the directory as the update zip is, example:
update.zip/system/app/
rom/system/app
That is correct, you got it! To answer the question in your signature I would stay away from using a name like Splenda while it is a clever idea, but it's best to avoid trademarks when branding your custom ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to shimp208 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

manudo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
That is correct, you got it! To answer the question in your signature I would stay away from using a name like Splenda while it is a clever idea, but it's best to avoid trademarks when branding your custom ROM.
Thank you for your help and your opinion, I'll build it tomorrow.

Are you kidding me? I can have issues with trademarks if I name a custom ROM like that?
Ha, the worst case scenario is that I'm in a court because of naming Splenda a custom ROM. Doesn't seem possible.
Can I get legal issues if I name a custom ROM like "Jelly Beans (sweetened with Splenda)"? Serious question. D:

shimp208
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1332

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by manudo View Post
Thank you for your help and your opinion, I'll build it tomorrow.

Are you kidding me? I can have issues with trademarks if I name a custom ROM like that?
Ha, the worst case scenario is that I'm in a court because of naming Splenda a custom ROM. Doesn't seem possible.
While I doubt the Splenda company would personally come hunting through the XDA forums to come after you it's still proper practice to not use trademarked names or copyright trademarks in your projects. Besides you never know what kind of popularity and exposure your ROM may get. Looking at your modified signature if you named your ROM "Splenda ROM" that would be questionable. However if you named it Jelly Bean sweetened with Splenda then I believe that falls under fair use context (Full disclosure: I am not a lawyer and as such any opinion of mine that reflects legal matters should not be taken a official legal advice).

manudo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
While I doubt the Splenda company would personally come hunting through the XDA forums to come after you it's still proper practice to not use trademarked names or copyright trademarks in your projects. Besides you never know what kind of popularity and exposure your ROM may get. Looking at your modified signature if you named your ROM "Splenda ROM" that would be questionable. However if you named it Jelly Bean sweetened with Splenda then I believe that falls under fair use context (Full disclosure: I am not a lawyer and as such any opinion of mine that reflects legal matters should not be taken a official legal advice).
Splenda ROM sounds great, but it's basically the same thing.
Chill dude, I'm not taking your advice.
Gotta email Splenda company, I hope they don't take it as a joke.

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

israel_andrade
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default SU Binary

I am using ODIN Rom and when I run SuperSU I get msg " The SU Binary needs to be updated. Continue?" I do so and get..

a question to use "Normal" or TWRP/CWM. I am using PHILZ. It says the SuperSU will attempt to reboot your device into TWRP or CWM. and it does nothing. So I then restart and select normal, it tell me the install failed ande reboot and try again.

Nothing seems to work, what am i missing?

Israel

Harris_xx
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Download the latest SuperUser.zip and flash it trough recovery by yourself.

http://download.chainfire.eu/372/Sup...erSU-v1.86.zip

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8010 mit Tapatalk 2

Tags
apk, binaries, rom, root, superuser