5,597,647 Members 33,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help returning to stock recovery

Tip us?
 
nbbcj
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: essex
Hi nelvinchi I am trying to get back to android ver 4.2, I have a stock mini it's not been rooted or mod'd in any way. Just had the 4.3 ota that was update automatically just woke up and my phone had updated looking at settings it was set to auto update and install when on charge Grr dam phone so many probs with this ota

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
 
drewkp
Old
#12  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelvinchi View Post
I'd be very interested to know the results of your attempt to go back to "stock".

Can I ask if you are doing this just to get the 4.3 update? Also, do you plan to root and customise your ROM after the update, or leave it stock?

Thanks, and good luck....

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------



If your phone isn't rooted, what exactly is the issue? Do you have a custom recovery installed, and is your bootloader unlocked? If you are looking to upgrade, did you get the OTA download on your phone?

I haven't got round to trying this out yet, will update this thread once I do, just quite busy this month and can't afford to mess up my phone. Yep, just doing it for the update, I only rooted my phone in the first place to get rid of bloatware, which i realised is a lot more complicated than just rooting, and all the other benefits of rooting don't really appeal to me, or are too much hassle for a beginner such as myself.

Just need to figure out how to unroot and relock my bootloader before I can go ahead with this :s
 
jdolbeer
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Hey nelvinchi. You seem to be knowledgeable enough on the matter and have been looking for help with my device. I posted a separate thread yesterday. If you have time/think you can help, could you take a look? Would much appreciate it.
 
nelvinchi
Old
#14  
nelvinchi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 221
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkp View Post
I haven't got round to trying this out yet, will update this thread once I do, just quite busy this month and can't afford to mess up my phone. Yep, just doing it for the update, I only rooted my phone in the first place to get rid of bloatware, which i realised is a lot more complicated than just rooting, and all the other benefits of rooting don't really appeal to me, or are too much hassle for a beginner such as myself.

Just need to figure out how to unroot and relock my bootloader before I can go ahead with this :s
If you have SuperSU installed on your phone, the app has a settings option called "Full unroot" - this will get rid of root. Relocking your bootloader - there are various methods, you could try HTCDEV site (probably how you unlocked originally), or the revone option which will lock the bootloader and remove the "tampered" label. Try a search, but if you are unsure, jusk ask!
***** The only stupid question is the one you do not ask *****

Search FIRST though!

Total members helped out of soft bricks = 17 19

If i have helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to nelvinchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jdolbeer
Old
#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default 2664963463

Got everything sorted with the great help of Nelvin. I had previously gone to the twrp support IRC and after answering a few questions, they just stopped talking... Glad there are people out there still willing to help! He spent a good hour or so with me making sure everything was working.
 
drewkp
Old
#16  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelvinchi View Post
If you have SuperSU installed on your phone, the app has a settings option called "Full unroot" - this will get rid of root. Relocking your bootloader - there are various methods, you could try HTCDEV site (probably how you unlocked originally), or the revone option which will lock the bootloader and remove the "tampered" label. Try a search, but if you are unsure, jusk ask!

Thanks for your reply nelvinchi, can I just confirm whether the SuperSU app you're talking about it the one by Chainfire in the marketplace? And is it just a matter of installing this from the marketplace to unroot my device, or is it a bit more complicated than that?

I'll do some research on relocking my bootloader with revone.

Also do you reckon the above method of getting the stock recovery from my update file will work?

Thanks for your help
 
danapoint
Old
#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 12
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkp View Post
Thanks for your reply nelvinchi, can I just confirm whether the SuperSU app you're talking about it the one by Chainfire in the marketplace? And is it just a matter of installing this from the marketplace to unroot my device, or is it a bit more complicated than that?

I'll do some research on relocking my bootloader with revone.

Also do you reckon the above method of getting the stock recovery from my update file will work?

Thanks for your help
If you are rooted then you more than likely have supersu already installed. Check your app drawer.I rooted using HTC DEV and supersu was flashed to the phone with twrp as part of the process
 
nelvinchi
Old
#18  
nelvinchi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 137
Posts: 221
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewkp View Post
Thanks for your reply nelvinchi, can I just confirm whether the SuperSU app you're talking about it the one by Chainfire in the marketplace? And is it just a matter of installing this from the marketplace to unroot my device, or is it a bit more complicated than that?

I'll do some research on relocking my bootloader with revone.

Also do you reckon the above method of getting the stock recovery from my update file will work?

Thanks for your help
Can I make a suggestion? Given where you are with your phone currently, It would be much simpler, and virtually risk free, to flash tr1gg3r's Stock Sense 5.5 4.3 rooted deodexed rom from the One Mini Android Development forum.
You will get the 4.3 update, and have a fast and very stable ROM. All future updates will be incorporated into a newer ROM version.
Returning to "stock" carries FAR more risk - and you'll never have true stock because it isn't possible. Soon as the bootloader is unlocked, your phone is tampered, and no tool or utility can change that (other than cosmetically!)
It's your choice obviously, but if I was you, I'd stay rooted and enjoy the benefits it brings!
If you still want to try to go back to stock, I'll help..... But I've now helped three members get out of a soft brick after they attempted to go stock.......
***** The only stupid question is the one you do not ask *****

Search FIRST though!

Total members helped out of soft bricks = 17 19

If i have helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button!

The Following User Says Thank You to nelvinchi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...