XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked TF700

Tip us?

zeddock
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
Thanx, but it seems like to backup blobs I have to do the very thing that will risk me needing backup of my blobs? ... install a custom bootloader before I have a backup?

Is this right?

Is this a safer method?

zeddock

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddock View Post
Thanx, but it seems like to backup blobs I have to do the very thing that will risk me needing backup of my blobs? ... install a custom bootloader before I have a backup?

Is this right?

Is this a safer method?

zeddock
That's correct. You have to flash a modified bootloader and recovery. Done correctly this is not risky at all. But if there is a single line in the instructions you are not sure you understand, you are not quite ready.
There are quite a few tutorials on flashing in fastboot on this forum. Read them.
But generating your nvflash blobs you have to do without a safety net. It's worth it though! I have become much more adventurous with my tablet since I have the blobs squared away...
The Following User Says Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_that
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2069
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
Done correctly this is not risky at all.
How do you define risk?

Flashing a bootloader (without having nvflash access) is always risky by my definition, it *can* permabrick your tablet if something goes wrong at the wrong moment. But it's the best we have.
The Following User Says Thank You to _that For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
apx, flashboot, hardbrick, tf700t