Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Original DNS for my Note 3?

Tip us?

rrlamichhane
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Q] Original DNS for my Note 3?

OK, I've tried searching throughout the forum and Google but couldn't find answer to this. I recently changed my DNS on my rooted T-mobile Note3 to a overplay SmartDNS, but turns out that the WiFi of the place I work for doesn't like that. My WiFi keeps on failing to obtain IP address, (my workplace is high security kind of place.) So, I need to change the DNS of my phone back to the original default that was in my phone. Yes, I'm stupid (now I realize) that I didn't save the DNS before I changed it. Is there a way to figure out what the original DNS was?

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 430
The DNS should be whatever is inherited from your works WiFi. Get a wireless laptop or something then do an ipconfig and find it what it is.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to noobtoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

noobtoob
Old
Thanks Meter 430
^don't forget to change it back when you are not at work. I also do this, but use the app romtoolbox pro instead of manually doing this so I can connect to those "secure" networks. My work also does this. Luckily I am the system admin...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk