Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,020 Members 40,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My Samsung galaxy s has battery problems.

Tip us?

Dazed Blazer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default My Samsung galaxy s has battery problems.

I have a Samsung galaxy s on CM 11 nightly, everything has been fine with my ROM but today my battery seems to be acting weird. I'm connected by charger and my phones running fine but my battery won't budge from 0%. I've turned off the phone and plugged the charger in and it stays at 0% then the phone goes off. When I try to turn the phone on without the charger plugged in it doesn't come on. Somebody help me please?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

c-droid
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Did your battery run-out flat/zero before this problem started? How long have you been using your battery? It could be just a coincidence that it dies after you've flash a new ROM. The only way I could think of to troubleshoot your problem is by borrowing a working battery and test it with your phone, also test your battery with other working phone and to totally isolate the problem you should also try other working charger. The hard part is finding someone with a perfectly working GT-i9000 phone, battery and charger to borrow to begin with...

Dazed Blazer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have tried another charger, my phone did die but still has to be connected to boot. I can get a new battery from eBay for a really decent price so I'll get hold of one of them. My battery is pretty old as it's from 2010

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app