Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Flashed GSM ROM (on accident!), restored Nandroid but resets every 45s

OP Infiniteswg

7th January 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Okay. So I'm on HBOOT 1.44, S-OFF, and I was running a ViperROM from about May until yesterday when I decided to move on up in the world. So I download Android Revolution HD (both of them after realizing I hit 41.0 instead of 31.6) and put it on it. However, I ended up making the same mistake again and put 41.0 instead of 31.6 onto the phone. Once I realized it (I could not boot), I wiped and restored my nandroid backup. However, now I can barely get 45 seconds out of the phone before it decides it wants to restart itself. Even after factory resetting that backup, same issue.

I've tried getting it to be recognized in ADB, but the window for it is so small that I can't transfer anything. In TWRP (2.6), the phone is stable, but I can't see it to transfer anything on my computer, even after mounting. Any suggestions?

Apologies if I don't make any sense or respond for a long time. I've been up for a bit trying to get this fixed before work.
7th January 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 1,397

3,301 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniteswg

Okay. So I'm on HBOOT 1.44, S-OFF, and I was running a ViperROM from about May until yesterday when I decided to move on up in the world. So I download Android Revolution HD (both of them after realizing I hit 41.0 instead of 31.6) and put it on it. However, I ended up making the same mistake again and put 41.0 instead of 31.6 onto the phone. Once I realized it (I could not boot), I wiped and restored my nandroid backup. However, now I can barely get 45 seconds out of the phone before it decides it wants to restart itself. Even after factory resetting that backup, same issue.

I've tried getting it to be recognized in ADB, but the window for it is so small that I can't transfer anything. In TWRP (2.6), the phone is stable, but I can't see it to transfer anything on my computer, even after mounting. Any suggestions?

Apologies if I don't make any sense or respond for a long time. I've been up for a bit trying to get this fixed before work.

the only thing that will helpm at this point is to run a RUU. (i think)
7th January 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #3  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 1,311

2,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Read this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2503646

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
7th January 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisypi

Read this guide http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2503646

Thanks! If I am on Windows 8.1... do you think I use Client Hyper-V to VM Win7 to make that method work? I must be honest, the only time I've VM'ed was to play old Windows95/98 era games...
7th January 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #5  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 1,311

2,310 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks! If I am on Windows 8.1... do you think I use Client Hyper-V to VM Win7 to make that method work? I must be honest, the only time I've VM'ed was to play old Windows95/98 era games...

I think that would be the best solution

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread