Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Nandroid back up questions

OP twistedillutions

7th January 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #1  
twistedillutions's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 286
 
2,372 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
So the nandroid says i can back up txt messeges does this mean i can do a factory reset flash new rom n gapps then flash my txt? How about bookmarks on dolphin browser
also it says i have to undete my SuperSU since im on kikat. Dat doesn't mess my rom up?
Last edited by twistedillutions; 7th January 2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Info
7th January 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #2  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,628
 
5,448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

So the nandroid says i can back up txt messeges does this mean i can do a factory reset flash new rom n gapps then flash my txt? How about bookmarks on dolphin browser
also it says i have to undete my SuperSU since im on kikat. Dat doesn't mess my rom up?

When you do a nadroid backup it backing up EVERYTHING, system apps, user apps and app data which is in the browser case it's your browser settings and local book mark,.Text msg, call log, contacts etc.. are included. The second question, I don't understand what you're asking??? If you provide the O/S version and what rom I may able to help you better.
7th January 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #3  
twistedillutions's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 286
 
2,372 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

When you do a nadroid backup it backing up EVERYTHING, system apps, user apps and app data which is in the browser case it's your browser settings and local book mark,.Text msg, call log, contacts etc.. are included. The second question, I don't understand what you're asking??? If you provide the O/S version and what rom I may able to help you better.

Ok thanks. Wen i installed nandroid it said i have to update my superSU since im a kitkat rom. Wich i did nothing went wonkers. After more Google searchers i got titanium backup and backup mms and dolphin. Since i wanna change roms i hate loosing my txt messeges and bookmarks. Takes hrs to set everything back up.
7th January 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #4  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,628
 
5,448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

Ok thanks. Wen i installed nandroid it said i have to update my superSU since im a kitkat rom. Wich i did nothing went wonkers. After more Google searchers i got titanium backup and backup mms and dolphin. Since i wanna change roms i hate loosing my txt messeges and bookmarks. Takes hrs to set everything back up.

If you worry about your text/contacts/mms/call log and dophin data, then the best backup app is called My backup or My backup root (if you rooted). Once installed, click on new backup, select data backup, now you see a list including sms,txt,mms,contact etc.. just put a check mark on what ever you want to backup then hit go. Do the same for application, just select application instead of data. During the restore, you can select what data or what app you want to restore.
Edit: If you want to backup/restore system apps, your phone needed root and you need My backup root or it won't work.
Last edited by buhohitr; 7th January 2014 at 07:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to buhohitr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #5  
twistedillutions's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 286
 
2,372 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr

If you worry about your text/contacts/mms/call log and dophin data, then the best backup app is called My backup or My backup root (if you rooted). Once installed, click on new backup, select data backup, now you see a list including sms,txt,mms,contact etc.. just put a check mark on what ever you want to backup then hit go. Do the same for application, just select application instead of data. During the restore, you can select what data or what app you want to restore.
Edit: If you want to backup/restore system apps, your phone needed root and you need My backup root or it won't work.

ok thanks. i do google searches but also like asking questions double checking . i dont want a paper weight on my hands
7th January 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #6  
pendata's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

ok thanks. i do google searches but also like asking questions double checking . i dont want a paper weight on my hands

are you trying to back up your mms, calls, data, etc or are you trying to root and flash roms? if you want to back up your data, i use rom toolbox pro for all in one app. if you want to have a recovery for your roms incase you brick and need to flash your backups use recoveries like cwm or twrp. I personally use Philz touch which is great.
7th January 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #7  
twistedillutions's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 286
 
2,372 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendata

are you trying to back up your mms, calls, data, etc or are you trying to root and flash roms? if you want to back up your data, i use rom toolbox pro for all in one app. if you want to have a recovery for your roms incase you brick and need to flash your backups use recoveries like cwm or twrp. I personally use Philz touch which is great.

Im trying to back up jst my mms and browser data. Im already rooted and flash roms tru twrp

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes