XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Upgrading to B125 from B109

Tip us?

JK666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Upgrading to B125 from B109

Hi, I just received my P6 and rooted it using eRoot. I have tried upgrading to B125 (running B109 out the box) by downloading the B125 file, passing it to dload on SD and performing a local upgrade, once the device boots to perform this it immediately says FAIL, and if i select the file manually it says "E:\signature verification failed" any ideas on how to solve this? Am I meant to update to something else inbetween before jumping to B125? (I've downloaded the file twice just to make sure it isn't corrupted or anything). I am a complete noob with this device, used to doing this sort of thing through CWM on my Nexus 7.

I have looked around this forum and seen various answers involving using TWRP first which if I could avoid I'd like to avoid as my aim is to load stock firmware without any of the bloatware that comes with my service provider, I'll leave the CFW stuff like AOSP for my tablet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

warea
Old
Thanks Meter 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by JK666 View Post
Hi, I just received my P6 and rooted it using eRoot. I have tried upgrading to B125 (running B109 out the box) by downloading the B125 file, passing it to dload on SD and performing a local upgrade, once the device boots to perform this it immediately says FAIL, and if i select the file manually it says "E:\signature verification failed" any ideas on how to solve this? Am I meant to update to something else inbetween before jumping to B125? (I've downloaded the file twice just to make sure it isn't corrupted or anything). I am a complete noob with this device, used to doing this sort of thing through CWM on my Nexus 7.

I have looked around this forum and seen various answers involving using TWRP first which if I could avoid I'd like to avoid as my aim is to load stock firmware without any of the bloatware that comes with my service provider, I'll leave the CFW stuff like AOSP for my tablet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Make sure you unplugged the usb cable when upgrading.

Huawei Ascend P6-U06 (EMUI2.3+KitKat)

JK666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by warea View Post
Make sure you unplugged the usb cable when upgrading.
Yeah no, just retried it without any USB connection)(charging or PC) and it gives me the same error.

bokchoi2020
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Yeah no, just retried it without any USB connection)(charging or PC) and it gives me the same error.
Do you have enough battery? It failed for me once when I was at a low charge.

JK666
Old
(Last edited by JK666; 4th January 2014 at 04:48 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery level is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoi2020 View Post
Do you have enough battery? It failed for me once when I was at a low charge.
It was sitting on 89% charge when I initiated the procedure...
Any idea if using CWMR from this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417919 would be any better? It keeps stock recovery, just figured another option wouldn't hurt?

bokchoi2020
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
It was sitting on 89% charge when I initiated the procedure...
Any idea if using CWMR from this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2417919 would be any better? It keeps stock recovery, just figured another option wouldn't hurt?
Try to do a MD5 sum check. Probably your download or copying to SD card is corrupted.
Redownload the B125, but worse comes worse, try B118 or B122.

JK666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoi2020 View Post
Try to do a MD5 sum check. Probably your download or copying to SD card is corrupted.
Redownload the B125, but worse comes worse, try B118 or B122.
Re-downloaded it and used a proper zip program to unzip the file and it worked!!! So happy

Quick question what would you guys recommend I do to get rid of the service provider bloatware that came with my phone because with the upgrade all that stuff still stayed on my device? I tried uninstalling it normally and it just says system application cannot uninstall...

Battery life is a HUGE improvement. Sitting on 40% after 15 hours of abuse. Thanks again guys!

bokchoi2020
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Re-downloaded it and used a proper zip program to unzip the file and it worked!!! So happy

Quick question what would you guys recommend I do to get rid of the service provider bloatware that came with my phone because with the upgrade all that stuff still stayed on my device? I tried uninstalling it normally and it just says system application cannot uninstall...

Battery life is a HUGE improvement. Sitting on 40% after 15 hours of abuse. Thanks again guys!

That's great to hear!
BTW to get rid of system apps you do not want, install this. Your phone must be rooted in order for this to work.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ager.systemapp
Tho becareful, don't get rid of vital apps.

If you haven't rooted your phone, head here.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2390491

Good luck!