Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 48,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues regarding YouTube

Tip us?

Jetboard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Issues regarding YouTube

Okay so, to put it simply... I own an Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 which was rooted up until this day. At some time yesterday, YouTube randomly stopped having any connections to the internet.

At first, when you go to the application you can see videos, they load fine on the list as well as the names and thumbnails, but as soon as you click on them / search for videos / wait for 5 seconds you will get an error "Attention - There is no network connection right now. Please try again later."

I'm 100% positive that it's nothing with my net. Browser works fine, I don't use facebook so no idea if it works or not. I even stood right next to the router or modem, however you call it, with full signal and couldn't go to YouTube.

Now, I unrooted the phone. The issue is still there.
Restarting, pulling out battery, factory reset - Nothing worked.

I'm starting to go crazy with this.
No, youtube doesn't even work if I go the mobile site and try to run the video with the application.
No, it does not show up in "Manage applications" so I can't clear it.
Trust me I'd definetly want to go to Google Play and download a newer version, but considering Google says that Youtube isn't compatible with my device / or the actual INSTALL button on their page doesn't work on my phone.

Do help, I got nothing to do on the phone if there's no Youtube to watch videos or music.

lelaki100
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboard View Post
Okay so, to put it simply... I own an Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 which was rooted up until this day. At some time yesterday, YouTube randomly stopped having any connections to the internet.

At first, when you go to the application you can see videos, they load fine on the list as well as the names and thumbnails, but as soon as you click on them / search for videos / wait for 5 seconds you will get an error "Attention - There is no network connection right now. Please try again later."

I'm 100% positive that it's nothing with my net. Browser works fine, I don't use facebook so no idea if it works or not. I even stood right next to the router or modem, however you call it, with full signal and couldn't go to YouTube.

Now, I unrooted the phone. The issue is still there.
Restarting, pulling out battery, factory reset - Nothing worked.

I'm starting to go crazy with this.
No, youtube doesn't even work if I go the mobile site and try to run the video with the application.
No, it does not show up in "Manage applications" so I can't clear it.
Trust me I'd definetly want to go to Google Play and download a newer version, but considering Google says that Youtube isn't compatible with my device / or the actual INSTALL button on their page doesn't work on my phone.

Do help, I got nothing to do on the phone if there's no Youtube to watch videos or music.
The same thing happened to me yesterday with my Xperia x8 phone. I get the same message when I try to watch a youtube video. It was fine a couple of days ago!

Jetboard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
If there's more people with the issue, I doubt it's a phone problem anymore. Youtube is most likely doing something then.. Either way, bump, in case someone knows how to fix this.

lelaki100
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You might be right... Maybe they did some kind of update that caused this. Anyway, if I find a solution, I will post it here.

Cancar96
Old
Thanks Meter 378
Try upgrading to froyo or gingerbread.It works fine on gingerbread.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My devices

XPERIA X8
android os 2.3.7
SDE v3.5
OC 729 MHz
nAa-14 kernel 2.6.29.6
XPERIA X8
android 2.3.7
gingerDX v30
stock SE kernel 2.6.29.6
Iphone 4s
iOS 7

Jetboard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I can't. My phone model is too high so I can't install 2.2 or higher.

beeandcake
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been having this issue as well. There isn't anything wrong my connection, as I can load all the pages >.< I just wish someone had a solution. All I've found to do is clear the app data and that's done nothing...

cascabel
Old
(Last edited by cascabel; 7th January 2014 at 02:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboard View Post
I can't. My phone model is too high so I can't install 2.2 or higher.
You can (2.2-2.3). there are roms for locked bootloaders. You can consider that and see if it helps.

Also, update youtube if possible.

Jetboard
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascabel View Post
You can (2.2-2.3). there are roms for locked bootloaders. You can consider that and see if it helps.

Also, update youtube if possible.
I can't. I don't recall finding one for 11W48.

You can't update Youtube further on Android 2.1 (aka above 2.20.16)