Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Issues regarding YouTube

OP Jetboard

3rd January 2014, 11:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Okay so, to put it simply... I own an Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 which was rooted up until this day. At some time yesterday, YouTube randomly stopped having any connections to the internet.

At first, when you go to the application you can see videos, they load fine on the list as well as the names and thumbnails, but as soon as you click on them / search for videos / wait for 5 seconds you will get an error "Attention - There is no network connection right now. Please try again later."

I'm 100% positive that it's nothing with my net. Browser works fine, I don't use facebook so no idea if it works or not. I even stood right next to the router or modem, however you call it, with full signal and couldn't go to YouTube.

Now, I unrooted the phone. The issue is still there.
Restarting, pulling out battery, factory reset - Nothing worked.

I'm starting to go crazy with this.
No, youtube doesn't even work if I go the mobile site and try to run the video with the application.
No, it does not show up in "Manage applications" so I can't clear it.
Trust me I'd definetly want to go to Google Play and download a newer version, but considering Google says that Youtube isn't compatible with my device / or the actual INSTALL button on their page doesn't work on my phone.

Do help, I got nothing to do on the phone if there's no Youtube to watch videos or music.
4th January 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboard

Okay so, to put it simply... I own an Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 which was rooted up until this day. At some time yesterday, YouTube randomly stopped having any connections to the internet.

At first, when you go to the application you can see videos, they load fine on the list as well as the names and thumbnails, but as soon as you click on them / search for videos / wait for 5 seconds you will get an error "Attention - There is no network connection right now. Please try again later."

I'm 100% positive that it's nothing with my net. Browser works fine, I don't use facebook so no idea if it works or not. I even stood right next to the router or modem, however you call it, with full signal and couldn't go to YouTube.

Now, I unrooted the phone. The issue is still there.
Restarting, pulling out battery, factory reset - Nothing worked.

I'm starting to go crazy with this.
No, youtube doesn't even work if I go the mobile site and try to run the video with the application.
No, it does not show up in "Manage applications" so I can't clear it.
Trust me I'd definetly want to go to Google Play and download a newer version, but considering Google says that Youtube isn't compatible with my device / or the actual INSTALL button on their page doesn't work on my phone.

Do help, I got nothing to do on the phone if there's no Youtube to watch videos or music.

The same thing happened to me yesterday with my Xperia x8 phone. I get the same message when I try to watch a youtube video. It was fine a couple of days ago!
4th January 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
If there's more people with the issue, I doubt it's a phone problem anymore. Youtube is most likely doing something then.. Either way, bump, in case someone knows how to fix this.
4th January 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
You might be right... Maybe they did some kind of update that caused this. Anyway, if I find a solution, I will post it here.
4th January 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #5  
Cancar96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 392
 
1,115 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Try upgrading to froyo or gingerbread.It works fine on gingerbread.
4th January 2014, 09:44 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
I can't. My phone model is too high so I can't install 2.2 or higher.
7th January 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
I've been having this issue as well. There isn't anything wrong my connection, as I can load all the pages >.< I just wish someone had a solution. All I've found to do is clear the app data and that's done nothing...
7th January 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #8  
cascabel's Avatar
Senior Member
a city in a galaxy far far away
Thanks Meter: 730
 
5,310 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetboard

I can't. My phone model is too high so I can't install 2.2 or higher.

You can (2.2-2.3). there are roms for locked bootloaders. You can consider that and see if it helps.

Also, update youtube if possible.
Last edited by cascabel; 7th January 2014 at 03:02 AM.
7th January 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascabel

You can (2.2-2.3). there are roms for locked bootloaders. You can consider that and see if it helps.

Also, update youtube if possible.

I can't. I don't recall finding one for 11W48.

You can't update Youtube further on Android 2.1 (aka above 2.20.16)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes