Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

LG G2, Z1 or HTC One ?

OP inyrfacebiatchh

7th January 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 20

79 posts
I actually have the Xperia Z1 and the camera is... Meh. My brother's phone took a very similar photos and only have 8 MP.
Even without the camera, the xperia Z1 ( at least for me) is a beautiful phone with a lot of issues inside. Some lag with stock rom, touchscreen issue, bad speakers sound...
Tomorrow maybe i will have the LG G2 ( i replaced the Xperia Z1 due to the touchscreen issue, 5 phones replaced and all with the same issue ) and i will tell you if the phone is better or worst than the Z1.
7th January 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 257

617 posts
Wait for the new HTC M8(rumored name is the "One+'') to be announced. The new Snapdragon 805 has 4 Krait 450 cores and DX11.1 graphics powered by the new Adreno 420 GPU. Tasty if I do say so myself...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
7th January 2014, 07:49 AM   |  #13  
Flag Buffalo
Thanks Meter: 47

151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa777

Wait for the new HTC M8(rumored name is the "One+'') to be announced. The new Snapdragon 805 has 4 Krait 450 cores and DX11.1 graphics powered by the new Adreno 420 GPU. Tasty if I do say so myself...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Bonjour OP! I agree with what Koopa says. It looks like waiting could be it. However if you need/want a phone right now my advice is buy a phone cor what functionality best suits you. I have the G2. My wife has the HTC One. In my case Im more tech savvy. I like to root, optimize, and tweak as I see fit. The G2 fits as it has the latest/greatest processor etc... The HTC one is a beautiful device but its in my opinion more geared to multimedia users. The sense UI is very socially centered and the audio experience (without headphones) is superb. To me its the perfect phone for those that love media and interactivity of apps with social functions. Sense makes it all tie in nice. Im absolutely jealous of the HTC remote software that has a full program guide for whats on tv. It makes the G2 infrared remote look bad.

All that said do not underestimate those same functions on the G2. It may not have beats audio, but it capable of much better audio playback than the One. The screen is larger on the G2, and frankly better... marginally. For video out... G2 wins. Where the One utilizes MHL for 720p output, and only upscales to 1080... the G2 can use slimport and has can support true 1080 native playback. The G2 multimedia wise beats the HTC one hands down in more ways than these... the differencein using those functions rests on the user interface for each phone. As far as UI goes... HTC with sense is easier and more intuitive. It flows better and its good for those who need more of a dumbed down phone but still want a great media experince.

The G2 does ALL the functionality better, and is capable of far more than the One. It just isnt as pretty or intuitive. However spend about a week with the G2 and you wont care about it not being intuitive.
7th January 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 138

670 posts
More
If you love a huge bezel free Scrren, then surely go with the G2 if it doesn't matter much to you go with the HTC One. From features and speed they don't differ much + HTC (might) be faster with OS Updates, if that's what matters to you. The Camera in both Phones isnt the greatest, the G2 one is kinda slow for my liking but I'm more the DSLR type anyway.

Just stay away from the Z1 unless you want be stuck with bad viewing angels.

I owned all 3 Phones and would put the HTC One and the G2 almost on the same level.
7th January 2014, 09:59 AM   |  #15  
Flag Basingstoke
Thanks Meter: 109

694 posts
More
I have had the HTC one since it came out. I bought the G2 a couple of weeks ago as I was getting bored of the one. I found the g2 to be rather laggy and made me realise how smooth the one is. The one is the smoothest Android in existence. I read reviews saying the camera is great on the G2 but I found it quite dissapointing.unless you take very well lit pictures outside, zooming in to crop makes things look like they have been painted. I think the one produces better results even with it's 4mp camera.

I found the battery to be superb on The G2, I can get 5 hours screen on and 3 hours on the one.

I've decided to go back to the one and put my white 32gb white g2 up for sale. Pm me if you've interested!

Enjoy whatever you get
7th January 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 144

422 posts
More
apart from the waterproofing and premium build on the z1 having played around with the misses g2 ,the g2 is better so thats why i recently got one to,the camera on z1 was suppose to be amazing but in truth g2 has better quility,more natural colours,even xperia T has better camera than z1 from xperiance and its not much faster than T either only in benchmarks,htc,nice device but camera lets it down a bit,G2 is the one to go for
7th January 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Thank you very much all, i've tested the Z1 in a store just 30 seconds, and i was blufed by the smooth of the phone, the G2 and the One aren't available for testing.. I don't open a game or other, just open the browser (Google Chrome) and scroll into the homescreen, this is very fast, but i love Sense and i don't want wait 3 months for the new HTC.. The G2 is not very beautiful, so i pass on this phone. The Z1 have many problems (reviews from buyers), so, it's better i go on the HTC One who is a great value or the Z1 ? If i buy the One, will i have Sense 6.0 with ROM Cutom or Official updates ?

You have convainced me for go on the HTC One, but only if i will have Sense 6.0, because i don't want to wait 3 months, thank you all
7th January 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #18  

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyrfacebiatchh

Thank you very much all, i've tested the Z1 in a store just 30 seconds, and i was blufed by the smooth of the phone, the G2 and the One aren't available for testing.. I don't open a game or other, just open the browser (Google Chrome) and scroll into the homescreen, this is very fast, but i love Sense and i don't want wait 3 months for the new HTC.. The G2 is not very beautiful, so i pass on this phone. The Z1 have many problems (reviews from buyers), so, it's better i go on the HTC One who is a great value or the Z1 ? If i buy the One, will i have Sense 6.0 with ROM Cutom or Official updates ?

You have convainced me for go on the HTC One, but only if i will have Sense 6.0, because i don't want to wait 3 months, thank you all

you could test if the Xperia Z1 have the touchscreen issue... I can tell you that the touchscreen issue is too much frustrating ( if you have a lock pattern you will kill the Z1 in 3 days )
Buy an HTC One is buy an old phone. Buy G2 and if you dont like the look you always can buy a case.
7th January 2014, 10:24 PM   |  #19  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
I think i pass on the Z1 i don't want a phone which is have a problem every 10 minutes.. Yes i also think the One is too old now, so i will go on a G2 because he is a new phone and he was elected "phone of the year 2013" so i think he is good. But i think i will miss Sense.. Not a big problem because i will put a ROM Thank you !
7th January 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #20  

79 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyrfacebiatchh

I think i pass on the Z1 i don't want a phone which is have a problem every 10 minutes.. Yes i also think the One is too old now, so i will go on a G2 because he is a new phone and he was elected "phone of the year 2013" so i think he is good. But i think i will miss Sense.. Not a big problem because i will put a ROM Thank you !

Your welcome! Dont forget use the THANKS button ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to Fox_Soul For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread