5,596,354 Members 38,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can you use batteries rated higher than 1800mAh?

Tip us?

copota
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Plug Can you use batteries rated higher than 1800mAh?

Can you use batteries rated higher than 1800mAh in the Samsung Epic 4G?

I see Anker batteries are the preferred choice. I found the 1800mAh sold by them. But I also see other batteries with ratings higher than 1800mAh, at 2200 and 2400mAh. However, they don't seem to be sold or recommended for use with the Epic 4G.

Just wondering what the highest rated mAh I can use with this phone.

Thanks for any suggestions.

beezie42
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by copota View Post

I see Anker batteries are the preferred choice. I found the 1800mAh sold by them. But I also see other batteries with ratings higher than 1800mAh, at 2200 and 2400mAh. However, they don't seem to be sold or recommended for use with the Epic 4G.

Just wondering what the highest rated mAh I can use with this phone.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Yes you can use a higher mAh battery. I myself use a qcell battery. Which states that it's around 4000 mAh.

You could use really any battery as long as it's the right voltage, and of course would fit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

copota
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezie42 View Post
Yes you can use a higher mAh battery. I myself use a qcell battery. Which states that it's around 4000 mAh.

You could use really any battery as long as it's the right voltage, and of course would fit.

Thanks for the reply. You must be using one of those bulky batteries, that need a special cover. I'm not too crazy about that type of battery.

Do you know what the highest ratted mAh "slim" battery is available. I was checking the Anker batteries, but they only seem to be available at 1800mAh for the Epic 4G.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 18798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. You must be using one of those bulky batteries, that need a special cover. I'm not too crazy about that type of battery.

Do you know what the highest ratted mAh "slim" battery is available. I was checking the Anker batteries, but they only seem to be available at 1800mAh for the Epic 4G.
I have seen people say they had 2400 mah slim batteries, but the highest I was able to get for a reasonable price was 2150 mah.

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13838
Quote:

The availability of the 'slim' extended batteries is not looking good. As this phone has been around quite a while, I believe the supply/demand of after market batteries has gone down as well because I could not find one of those a few months ago when I looked.
I believe you're stuck with stock. I really prefer the extended as I get at least twice the life of the standard yield battery and will never go back. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eigokyoukan
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezie42 View Post

I have a qcell as well, and yes it does have the bulk on the back but.... I prefer it!

Where it is located it actually gives me a much better grip on my phone. I can grab it much more solidly. Plus it raises up the speaker a little if you are listening to music thru it, its not as muffled because speaker isn't blocked by the table. Plus the 2 to 3 days of battery life I get from it is amazing and well worth the extra dimensions IMO

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to eigokyoukan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beezie42
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by eigokyoukan View Post
I have a qcell as well, and yes it does have the bulk on the back but.... I prefer it!

Where it is located it actually gives me a much better grip on my phone. I can grab it much more solidly. Plus it raises up the speaker a little if you are listening to music thru it, its not as muffled because speaker isn't blocked by the table. Plus the 2 to 3 days of battery life I get from it is amazing and well worth the extra dimensions IMO

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
Agreed, I prefer it as well. The extra battery is definitely worth it. I can make it a whole day with every syncing and overclocked.

Plus it fits under the black body glove case I bought. You can barely even tell it's a extended battery under the case.

The Following User Says Thank You to beezie42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MrKrunch
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default 2450mAh battery

Quote:
I purchased one recently from Ebay, but I can't post the link here because I'm new to the site. Search Ebay for "2450mAh High Capacity Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2 II SCH-R760 R760X EB625152VA" in the photo you'll see for phone d710. They shipped the correct battery.

It's a slightly bigger battery, so the case barely snaps on. But working just fine on my E4GT SPH-D710.

Tags
anker, batteries, battery, mah